Unleash Your Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institution, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world’s most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you become an integral part of our mission to become a university for the future. You’ll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck.
The Rosen College of Hospitality Management (RCHM) at the University of Central Florida (UCF) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure earning instructor position who will also have responsibilities as an internship coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The internship coordinator is expected to coordinate the various aspects of the student internship experience.
- Identify, establish, and support partnerships with qualified industry partners and/or research-oriented industry sites to enhance students’ internship experience.
- Advise and mentor students through selecting appropriate internship experiences which enhance the students’ academic education in preparation for a future career or graduate school application.
- Participate in career fairs and open houses.
- Work collaboratively with the internship team to design, implement, and assess new strategies, initiatives, program updates, and internship curricula.
- Expand student internship opportunities by consulting with academic and nonacademic departments on campus towards internship development and career mentorship.
- Represents the Internships Department in various university, community, and other networking events, visits to employer sites, and hosting organizations on campus.
- Prepares documents, reports, and forms, tracks and reports employment placement and student data to assess student profiles, provides appropriate career advising, and refer students to appropriate services when needed.
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution specializing in Business, Hospitality/Tourism, Events, Food and Restaurant Service, Entertainment Management, or a closely related field at the time of appointment.
- At least two years of relevant industry experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel, work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Experience in managing hospitality internship programs at the university level.
- An exemplary record of teaching (including experiential learning), service and/or professional experience with a solid commitment to equality, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Demonstrate leadership and collaborative skills as well as analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of survey and data analysis software and common learning management platforms (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, or others).
Additional Application Materials Required:
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources employment opportunities website, https://www.ucf.edu/jobs/. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, and a list with contact information for three (3) professional references.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later.
Questions regarding this search may be directed to: Jorge Ridderstaat at 407.903.8057, or Jorge.Ridderstaat@ucf.edu.
Job Close Date:
Open until filled.
Note to applicants: Please keep in mind that a job posted as ‘Open until filled’ may close at any time without notice. As such, we encourage you to submit your application and all required documentation as quickly as possible to ensure consideration for the posted position.
Are Benefits Important to You?
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
- Benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending accounts, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays.
- Retirement savings options.
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando area attractions.
- Education assistance.
- Flexible work environment.
And more…For more benefits information, go to ‘Prospective Employees’ on the UCF Human Resources website (https://hr.ucf.edu/)
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region’s talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It’s one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation’s top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete online programs leading to bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, Ph.D.'s., certificates, and more.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer. Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research-related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of higher education, employment, or training in China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, or Venezuela.
The additional screening requirements only apply to employment in research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty positions (including employed visiting positions), graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, postdoctoral scholar positions, and undergraduate positions.