ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE:
$3,470 - $4,000
However, offer amount will be commensurate with candidate's
experience, education, skills, and training.
CSU CLASSIFICATION SALARY RANGE:
CSUB offers a best-in-class benefit
package for eligible employees that includes an array of medical
plans, choice of dental plans, vision coverage, retirement
participation in CalPERS, CSU tuition waiver, up to 24 vacation
days per year, sick leave with unlimited accrual, 14 paid holidays
per year and more! See our benefits
for additional information.
CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
Open to all
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
FOR PRIORITY CONSIDERATION, applications must be received by
August 16, 2022
; however, the position will
remain open until filled.
faculty, staff, and
students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized
or declare a medical or religious
exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently
open search process should be prepared to comply with this
requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at
CSU Vaccination Policy [calstate.policystat.com]
may be sent to email@example.com
Enterprise Applications, within
Information Technology Services, is responsible for supporting the
enterprise computing systems of the University, providing
implementation, development, and maintenance support of these
enterprise applications, primarily PeopleSoft Campus Solutions,
Finance, & Human Resources, as well as for related third-party
systems. Enterprise Application staff provide technical services in
the following areas: software development and maintenance, security
administration, report writing and data analytics, and
Under direct supervision of the Enterprise Applications Director,
this position provides ongoing technical, analytic and programming
support for PeopleSoft and other enterprise applications.
Additionally, this position coordinates and implements system
modifications, creates documentation, and participates in strategic
planning of system enhancements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical, analytical, and programming support for
Operational Support for other
- Support technical development of the PeopleSoft application
using PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Web Services, Integration Broker,
Application Designer, Application Engine, SQR, SQL, etc.
- Participate in project teams to implement new Oracle/CMS
delivered functionalities within the PeopleSoft applications.
- Assist with maintenance and update of campus develop code in
- Analyze, design, code, and unit test application from
requirements using defined processes and procedures.
- Develop SQL script to correct data issues.
- Present analysis to management and other project teams.
- Document code changes throughout the development process.
- Provide estimates and timeframes for development work and
- Deliver effective solutions on time and adhere to development
and quality standards.
- Work with team members to establish and conform best practice
- Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot user reported
- Participate in system-wide conference calls
- Work with Subject Matter Experts across campus to develop
report to meet the campus needs
- Create report using PeopleSoft Query Manager or SQL
- Provide technical expertise to support power users in
PeopleSoft Query development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE –
- Develop and maintain data integration using tools such as SSIS,
Boomi, SQL queries, stored procedures.
- Support and administer other enterprise systems
Bachelor's degree in
a related field with relevant training. Additional qualifying
experience may be substituted for the required education on a
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES (SKA's) –
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C++,
- Ability to learn new programming languages such as
- Ability to learn software implementation lifecycle skills
including experience with translating business requirements into
technical designs, contributing to fit/gap analysis, application
configurations, and technical specifications.
- Ability to perform all functions independently in a reasonable
amount of time.
- Ability to create business process guides, user documentations
and process workflow.
- Creative problem solving/strategic thinking skills to improve
processes and solve complex problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Desire and willingness to learn and implement new
- General knowledge of network configuration, programming, and
- Demonstrated conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to use applications software, data structures and
utilities, operating systems, and communication interfaces within
the computing environment.
- Experience in creating reports using reporting tools.
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and
communicate technology systems and solutions.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high
level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad
range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with
diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and
teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work
atmosphere in the University with the ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships within a diverse
population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively
communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both
verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the
ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments
with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and competence with a variety of
computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets,
databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University
infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer information
- Proficiency with Integration Broker, PeopleTools, PeopleCode,
Application Designer, Application Engine, Application Packages,
Component Interfaces, Configuration Manager, SQL/SQR, XML
- Experience in supporting ERP, CRM as an analyst/programmer
- Thorough knowledge in Microsoft SSIS (SQL Server Integration
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment
utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
SEDENTARY WORK – involves mainly
sitting; minimal walking and standing; lifting light weight objects
limited to 15 pounds.
Only those applicants possessing
experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the
office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal
Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience, and
interest in the position.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES UNION:
shall be the policy of the CSU in filling vacant CSUEU bargaining
Units 2, 5, 7 & 9 positions to fill such vacancies from among
qualified individuals currently employed on-campus except when it
is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to
meet campus workforce diversity goals or to provide specialized
skills and abilities that are not available from current
Satisfactory completion of a
background check (including a criminal records check) is required
for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment,
which may be rescinded if the background check reveals
disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the
candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to
satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the
continued employment of a current CSU employee who was
conditionally offered the position.
Sensitive positions are
designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of
individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to
children, concerns for the safety and security of the people,
animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the
CSU or individuals in the university community.
It is the policy of
California State University, Bakersfield to hire only United States
citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United
States. All new employees will be required to present documentation
verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be
requested to present a social security card at the time of initial
appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State
regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of
Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State
employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals
are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
California State University,
Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age,
color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic
information, marital status, disability or covered veteran