ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE:
$4,372 - $6,000
CSU CLASSIFICATION SALARY RANGE:
- However, offer amount will be commensurate with candidate's
experience, education, skills, and training.
CSUB offers a best-in-class benefit
package for eligible employees that includes an array of medical
plans, choice of dental plans, vision coverage, retirement
participation in CalPERS, CSU tuition waiver, up to 24 vacation
days per year, sick leave with unlimited accrual, 14 paid holidays
per year and more! See our benefits
for additional information.
CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
Open to all
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
FOR PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
, applications must be
received by July 15, 2022
; however, the
position will remain open until filled.
faculty, staff, and
students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized
or declare a medical or religious
exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently
open search process should be prepared to comply with this
requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at
CSU Vaccination Policy [calstate.policystat.com]
may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Within Information Technology
Support Services (ITSS), the Administrative Services team provides
technical support to students, faculty, and staff while furthering
the administrative mission of the University. The group is
responsible for both first tier and second tier support for an
array of applications and equipment at the University.
The ITSM Administrator, under the general supervision of the
information Technology Support Services Manager, is responsible for
intermediate to senior level database and system administration.
The incumbent, relatively independently, designs and develops
database and system solutions through applying technical judgement
to meet user and organizational needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Database & System Administration:
- Design and develop solutions in ServiceNow, including forms,
workflows, record producers, business rules, interfaces, and custom
- Support existing integration solutions and implement new
integration solutions with other ITS-supported products.
- Gather requirements, testing, building, and implementing
solutions based on customer needs.
- Configure and improve the core application, including, but not
limited to, Service Catalog, Service Portal, Incidents, Change,
Knowledge Base, Service Requests, Facilities, and Reporting.
- Perform administration of the ServiceNow platform, including
issue and performance mitigation, patching, and health checks.
- Train customers to ensure effective use of the ITSM
- Document all ITSM applications, including the code,
functionality, change management, and version control.
- Consult with technical staff as needed.
- Adhere to ITS security policies and guidelines in the daily
performance of web and mobile application development and support
- Assure that all solutions developed meet accessibility
standards and are Section 508 compliant.
- Responsible for keeping current in the industry, including
technology changes, trends, and best practices.
- Address any concerns regarding technical operations with the
Advanced Technical Support:
- Provide consultation on design and implementation of various IT
- Research new systems.
- Ensure IT project timelines are met.
- Implement new systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE –
- Create technical support tickets in the ticket tracking
- Ensure support tickets are completed in a timely manner, based
on time commitments.
- Ensure customer service satisfaction levels are maintained at a
Bachelor's degree in
computer science or business or equivalent training and applied
experience. Two (2) years of recent programming and systems
analysis experience. An equivalent combination of related education
and work experience in a relevant field discipline will be
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, CREDENTIALS:
a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain by date of
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES (SKA's) –
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Ability to track and document information between multiple
- Experience in coordinating resource requirements.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to coordinate with third party vendors without
disrupting project flow.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and understand the
structure, policies, and operations to recommend technical
solutions that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
- Ability to research, develop practical and thorough solutions,
assist in troubleshooting, including quickly identifying problems
to address all aspects of identified problems.
- Ability to independently apply technical judgment to standard
applications and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL or ITSM principles.
- Ability to quickly gather information from and disseminate
information to the appropriate parties.
- Ability to conduct training sessions.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high
level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad
range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with
diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and
teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work
atmosphere in the University with the ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships within a diverse
population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively
communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both
verbally and in writing to provide accurate technical
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the
ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments
with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and competence with a variety of
computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets,
databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University
infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Three (3) years' experience supporting large scale, multi-OS,
- Current/Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- Professional experience with database design, architecting, and
- The ability to set up and configure web content management
systems (SharePoint, WordPress) is preferred.
- Professional experience developing web and mobile-enabled data
collection and reporting applications using Microsoft SQL Server,
Oracle, or MySQL preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment
utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
LIGHT WORK – involves mainly
sitting, up to 25% standing or walking; lifting medium weight
objects limited to 25 pounds.
Only those applicants possessing
experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the
office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal
Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience, and
interest in the position.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES UNION:
shall be the policy of the CSU in filling vacant CSUEU bargaining
Units 2, 5, 7 & 9 positions to fill such vacancies from among
qualified individuals currently employed on-campus except when it
is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to
meet campus workforce diversity goals or to provide specialized
skills and abilities that are not available from current
Satisfactory completion of a
background check (including a criminal records check) is required
for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment,
which may be rescinded if the background check reveals
disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the
candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to
satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the
continued employment of a current CSU employee who was
conditionally offered the position.
Sensitive positions are
designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of
individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to
children, concerns for the safety and security of the people,
animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the
CSU or individuals in the university community.
It is the policy of
California State University, Bakersfield to hire only United States
citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United
States. All new employees will be required to present documentation
verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be
requested to present a social security card at the time of initial
appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State
regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of
Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State
employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals
are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
California State University,
Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age,
color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic
information, marital status, disability or covered veteran