Research Analyst (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments
for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2022.
Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually
accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be
added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on
an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you
will be contacted by a District representative.
To perform a variety of highly skilled professional work in the
design and conducting of research and analysis projects,
identifying data sources, and extracting and analyzing data in
support of an assigned campus department or division; and to
provide professional level technical support to end users and an
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments
located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours
may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the
required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to
obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years of responsible statistical and research
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or
university with major course work in business administration,
public administration, statistics, social science, computer
science, or a related field.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit
our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Plan, coordinate, conduct and analyze administrative and
operational analysis and studies; conduct qualitative research;
recommend solutions based on findings.
- Design, develop, and coordinate implementation and evaluation
of departmental administrative and operational systems and
- Maintain the assigned website; research request work order
system and prioritize requests; monitor research office budget,
including managing purchase orders.
- Create and maintain databases from a variety of internal and
external sources; monitor development and input of data.
- Interpret, evaluate and clarify research requests to determine
data sources and informational sources.
- Conduct focus groups; give oral presentations.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve inquiries on external and
internal research data from both internal and external
- Monitor and analyze changes to laws, regulations, and
procedures relative research projects; interpret, explain, and
disseminate information on pertinent regulations to administrators,
faculty and staff; fulfill external reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership and coordination of assigned research
projects; liaison with other district and/or college departments
and divisions, faculty and administrators to ensure updated
information is available and presented on web site.
- Coordinate, review work of, and collaborate with, technical and
administrative support staff and students.
- Provide support for college planning process; coordinate
information and resources for department administrators and
- Prepare, administer, analyze and maintain a variety of college
reports and surveys.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to
complete the application, testing or interview process, please
contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal