Research Analyst (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
- West Valley-Mission Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 29, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Research Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Research Analyst (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2022. Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
To perform a variety of highly skilled professional work in the design and conducting of research and analysis projects, identifying data sources, and extracting and analyzing data in support of an assigned campus department or division; and to provide professional level technical support to end users and an assigned supervisor.
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not included.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
- Two years of responsible statistical and research experience.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, statistics, social science, computer science, or a related field.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, coordinate, conduct and analyze administrative and operational analysis and studies; conduct qualitative research; recommend solutions based on findings.
- Design, develop, and coordinate implementation and evaluation of departmental administrative and operational systems and procedures.
- Maintain the assigned website; research request work order system and prioritize requests; monitor research office budget, including managing purchase orders.
- Create and maintain databases from a variety of internal and external sources; monitor development and input of data.
- Interpret, evaluate and clarify research requests to determine data sources and informational sources.
- Conduct focus groups; give oral presentations.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve inquiries on external and internal research data from both internal and external sources.
- Monitor and analyze changes to laws, regulations, and procedures relative research projects; interpret, explain, and disseminate information on pertinent regulations to administrators, faculty and staff; fulfill external reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership and coordination of assigned research projects; liaison with other district and/or college departments and divisions, faculty and administrators to ensure updated information is available and presented on web site.
- Coordinate, review work of, and collaborate with, technical and administrative support staff and students.
- Provide support for college planning process; coordinate information and resources for department administrators and faculty.
- Prepare, administer, analyze and maintain a variety of college reports and surveys.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert