Senior Library Media Technician (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments
for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2022.
Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually
accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be
added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on
an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you
will be contacted by a District representative.
To organize, assign, and review the work of assigned staff engaged
in operation of a community college campus library or Learning
Resources and Success Center; to perform duties requiring
specialized knowledge; and to provide technical support to an
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments
located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours
may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the
required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to
obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years of responsible journey level experience similar to
Library Media Technician with the West Valley-Mission Community
- Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college
with major coursework in library technology or a related
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit
our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Plan, prioritize, and review the work of staff assigned to a
variety of library duties involving direct services to students,
staff, faculty, and community members.
- Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments
ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending
improvements and modifications.
- Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to
- Collect payments; post and clear library debts using
appropriate college database systems; reconcile receipts.
- Set up, operate, and demonstrate public computer workstations
and associated instructional and library equipment; schedule and
coordinate equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Research vendors and order materials for the library collection
using advanced methodology and multiple resources; assure that
materials comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Resolve patron conflicts and issues; maintain security and
enforce rules of conduct; troubleshoot and monitor the book
- Perform the most difficult work related to day-to-day
operations of a campus library or Learning Resources and Success
Center, including communicating with instructors to ensure that
class reserve materials are accurate and available to students, and
monitoring required textbook lists in conjunction with class
schedules and usage statistics.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to
complete the application, testing or interview process, please
contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal