St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a Full-Time Learning Specialist - Biology to provide educational assistance to college students with a broad range of biology skills ranging in content from courses designed for non-biology majors to more advanced classes for students pursuing a clinical path.
An ideal candidate should be comfortable with content in areas including Essentials of Biology, Trends in Science, General Biology, Human Biology, Microbiology, and Anatomy and Physiology.
- Willingness to tutor one on one and group sessions both in person and virtually via Zoom.
- Diagnose problem areas and instruct students in study skills.
- Respond to student requests for course supplementation and seek out resources to meet student needs.
- Collaborate with the Biology Department and faculty to coordinate services for students.
- Assist with academic early alert reports, academic coaching, and mentoring of peer tutors.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, or in a related area;
- Experience teaching related courses and working with diverse student population;
- Knowledge of teaching strategies and methods, one-to-one communication skills;
- Proficient working with small groups, and strong presentation skills;
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn how to use Canvas (learning management system), Microsoft Outlook/Calendar, Who's Next scheduling and appointment software, and Zoom.
- Should be available to work flexible daytime and evening hours throughout the week during the college semesters.
- Master's degree in biology
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.