- University of Central Oklahoma
- Oklahoma, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 29, 2022
This position will develop and oversee alumni programs along with being an integral member of the engagement team in the Advancement Office.
Should bring solid skills in communication, writing, design, and the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at a time. They should be a creative, out-of-the box resourceful thinker and must be a team player. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Advancement, the position will work collaboratively with the Director of Alumni Relations and the Engagement Team.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, execute, and oversee programming plans to engage
alumni through but not limited to:
- Alumni Affinity Chapters
- Broncho Born Legacy Program
- Student Alumni Association
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Represent the Alumni Association at events and collaborate with the events coordinator on all alumni events
- Promote alumni association membership, engagement and participation among alumni and friends
- Help create new opportunities for member benefits and management of current benefits
- Engage students and young alumni about benefits and resources of the alumni association
- Create and implement potential revenue resources for the alumni association, for example, travel programs, license plate programs, etc.
- Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of programs/services and identify problems, recommend improvements and institute changes.
- Serve as a resource to alumni and others regarding alumni and University programs and activities
- Monitor and maintain the Alumni Association email account
- Create and implement an athletic engagement strategy in order to enhance experiences at home game athletic events.
- Assist with coordination of the Alumni Legacy scholarship program by working with undergraduate admissions and chapter board members
- Perform necessary administrative functions to support the Alumni Association Board members and their meetings
- Collaborate with Career Services, UCO Athletics, Student Engagement to execute joint-venture events and activities
- Collaborate with the engagement team on communications and marketing to develop a marketing plan and collateral for chapter program and event
- Manage budget for chapters and any reunions
- Maintain goals and objectives by providing engagement data and review for chapters program
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Blackbaud Raisers Edge, Financial Edge, and NetCommunity preferred.
Qualifications/Experience Preferred :
Experience in coordination and execution of events and programs. Extremely organized with an attention to detail and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, including the ability to establish cooperative working relationships with supervisors, colleagues, university alumni, donors, volunteers and campus partners.
Is expected to be a visible, dynamic member of the UCO community. Knowledge of the University of Central Oklahoma. Excellent communication, strategic planning and analytical skills required. Ability to d evelop and maintain effective relationships including with trustees and campus executive leadership, as well as build and expand private philanthropy. Ability to organize and implement complex projects and programs. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Skills in a nalyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and making recommendations in support of goals. Must possess the ability to organize projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and deal effectively with confidential or sensitive information. Must possess the willingness to seek and accept responsibility. Willingness to occasionally perform evening and weekend work. High level of energy and enthusiasm. Innovative and creative.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert