The Research & Innovation Office at CU Boulder is welcoming
applications for an administrative assistant/scheduler, who will
support operations to enhance the campus national security-related
research enterprise! The Center for National Security Initiatives
(CNSI) Administrative Assistant is responsible for meeting
management and administrative support for CNSI (Director, Executive
Director, Senior Program Manager, and research groups). This
position will report directly to the Executive Associate Director,
CNSI, within the Research and Innovation Office (RIO).
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Boulder’s Research and Innovation Office
(RIO) is the central point for support and advocacy for CU
Boulder’s world-class scholarship, creative work, and research. The
Center for National Security Initiatives is dedicated to providing
high-impact national security research enabled by world-class
research scientists and essential infrastructure. As the sole
Tier-1 research institution in Colorado and the top public
University in NASA funding, CU Boulder is well-positioned for
continued growth to the current $45M per year DoD research
portfolio. Colorado’s $15.4B Aerospace & Defense Economy and a
strong ecosystem of defense prime contractors, entrepreneurs, and
federal partners further strengthen our opportunity to grow our
strategic impact on National Security research.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Meeting Management and Scheduling
- Schedules, plans, and coordinates center meetings, both
internal and external, including industry discussions, seminars,
committees, and boards.
- Maintains calendars for Senior Program Manager and executive
- Coordinates logistics for meetings, including reserving space,
coordinating vendors, technology, catering, and
- Liaises with attendees, speakers and invited guests.
- Provides support for meeting follow-up.
What You Should Know
- Supports general and special projects, ensuring timely
- Provides administrative support for Director, Executive
Associate Director, and Senior Program Manager.
- Arranges travel for Director and executive leadership.
Reconciles travel expenses in Concur Expense System. Processes
necessary expenses in alignment with CU policies.
- Performs daily independent decision-making on matters that
arise that cannot be immediately addressed by the executive
- Assists with presentation materials for meetings.
- Provide back-up office support for Operations Manager regarding
facilities including CCURE access system.
What We Can Offer
- This position offers the opportunity for hybrid work with some
on-site and some remote work hours and will provide in-person
support at some meetings and events, including rare mornings,
nights and weekends.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination
or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of
The hiring range for this part-time, 50% appointment is
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education
and experience may substitute.
- 1 year of professional, job-related experience with meeting
planning and general office administrative support.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to optimally manage senior staff
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Ability to proactively solve problems and efficiently manage
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- 3+ years of job-related professional experience.
- Experience with project management.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by December 7, 2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: