Reports to: Associate Vice President for
Job Summary: The Cottey College Office of
Institutional Advancement is seeking a candidate with an intimate
understanding of Cottey College and solid industry experience in
public relations and communication. We seek a candidate who is
skilled in crafting content, creating social media content, and
email messaging content that is engaging and meaningful to its
constituents. We are looking for a candidate with strong writing
and communication skills that can excel in an exceptionally fast
paced environment. The Communication Specialist will be responsible
for guiding and assisting the Office of Institutional Advancement
in developing the College’s online presence and communication
efforts to its constituents. Members of the Office of Institutional
Advancement are expected to attend College events, which will
require some evening and weekend attendance, with possible
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, develop, and manage communication for the Office of
- Maintain a consistent tone and voice throughout all digital and
- Maintain content calendar for social media.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department on communications
strategy to build the College's audience and reputation that will
engage its constituents.
- Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Advancement’s
creative team to develop and write material for the College
magazine, advancement newsletters, appeals, web pages, and annual
- Act as a liaison to the Cottey College Alumnae Association
(CCAA) class agent program to assist with College promotion.
- Work with the CCAA and advancement to promote Cottey
Alumnae Clubs in geographic areas with high concentrations of
- Prepare content for quarterly reports for the Board of Trustees
on advancement communication.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Exceptional communication, writing, and organizational
- Exceptional creativity and innovation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work as part of
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office,
relational databases, and/or social media platforms.
- Working knowledge with email marketing and content management
- Proven ability to build social media content, website, and
- Effectively manage multiple communication projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Strategic
Communications, Nonprofit Management, Creative Writing, or a
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a communications role, preferably in
- Prior understanding of Cottey College Alumnae, the P.E.O.
Sisterhood and P.E.O. structures is a plus, but not required.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to the donor Bill of Rights
and FERPA regulations.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and willingness to utilize own
vehicle as needed.
- Unwavering commitment to help Cottey College fulfill its
mission, recognizing the important role that constituent engagement
plays in the success of the College.