Administrative Services Assistant (Part-Time
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an
unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values.
We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our
efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of
This is a part-time temporary position that is non-exempt and
Applicant must be available to work desired shift of Monday-Friday
10:00am-2:00 pm. Part Time Administrative Service Assistant
position is located with University Advising.
Performs a variety of general clerical/administrative duties, under
general supervision, to ensure that department needs are being met
and that University procedures and policies are being
Administrative Support - 75%
- Performs a wide variety of typing assignments which are
sometimes confidential in nature; operates personal computer to
enter data, draft, edit, revise, and print letters, tables,
reports, and other materials.
- Performs a range of staff and/or operational support
activities; may serve as a liaison with other departments on basic
administrative and/or operational matters.
- Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail;
drafts or prepares responses to routine inquiries; prepares
photocopies and facsimiles; and operates a variety of office
- Maintains inventory, stocks and distributes office
- Primary liaison for Student Employees; responsible for
scheduling Student Employees and ensuring coverage at the reception
Customer Service - 20%
- Greets and directs visitors, as and when appropriate.
- Resolves routine administrative problems and answers inquiries
concerning activities and operations of department/division.
- Accepts, screens, and routes telephone calls and generic inbox
email inquiries; maintains log of inquiries as required.
- Arranges meetings, schedules appointments, and performs other
duties related to scheduling.
Other - 5%
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school degree.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Previous customer service experience.
- Experience and/or knowledge of practices, policies and
procedures at NAU or other higher institutions.
- Experience with technology specific to advising, i.e.,
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office policies.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and
- Records maintenance.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships.
- Proficient in English composition, grammar, spelling and
punctuation, and basic math.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Operates a variety of office machines including personal
computers, telephones, and copiers.
- Problem Solving and organizational capabilities.
- Communicates effectively.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the
following: a criminal background investigation, an employment
history verification and a degree verification (in some cases)
prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a
fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the
state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
$17.85 per hour.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act
(FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory
time according to University policy. Further, the employee must
submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
December 12, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact
the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu
, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606791&PostingSeq=1