To perform a variety of customer service duties in Auxiliary
Services; and to perform a variety of tasks relative to assigned
area of responsibility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from an assigned supervisor.
This position may be assigned weekend hours to cover the Market
- Perform customer service; guide and direct customers, locate
merchandise, answer routine inquiries and respond to concerns.
- Maintain stock levels of merchandise.
- Receive, inspect and price merchandise.
- Assist to process special orders for books and charges for
students receiving special funding.
- Participate in the book-buyback process; ensure books are
- Operate a cash register; count and make change.
- Record and maintain and inventory stock control records of
- Assist to attractively display store merchandise.
- Respond to customer inquires and complaints.
- Package and process customer orders through the District's
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as
Ability to :
- Policies, and procedures, practices related the functions of
the operating unit.
- General bookstore, market and/or food services practices and
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services, including quality service standards, alternative delivery
systems, and customer satisfaction techniques.
- Health and safety regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Handle customer complaints effectively
- Work cooperatively and effectively with the public, students,
faculty, and staff.
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Correctly follow a rules or set of rules in order to arrange
things or actions in a certain order.
- Learn, interpret, and apply specific rules and policies with
- Maintain accurate and current records,
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in
- Prepare routine correspondence independently
- Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and
disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Frequent lifting to 50 pounds; constant standing and walking;
frequent bending and stooping.
Completion of the twelfth grade or equivalent.
Six months experience in a related field.