Job no: 503408
Work type: Full-time
Location: LeCroy Center
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
Provides advanced administrative level secretarial and clerical
services to staff, faculty, and students. Maintains official
college records and executes administrative polices as determined
by organization and/or Dallas College guidelines, policies, and
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• In a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, must be able to
handle a large variety of duties relating to organization or
assigned area of responsibility and to work with all levels of the
organization to meet the vision, mission and goals of the
department and Dallas College.
• Must be able to handle sensitive and extensive confidential data;
organize and priority work assignments to ensure timelines and due
dates are met.
• Must be able to coordinate and facilitate solutions with
internal/external stakeholders and constituents, within delegated
range of authority.
• Must be able to prioritize and/or change work assignments as
needed to meet new established deadlines.
• Ability to manage a filing system, track incoming and outgoing
correspondence and coordinate office procedures.
• Within a diverse, multicultural organization, must be able to
embrace the diversity of staff, faculty, students, and other
individuals within/outside the organization.
• Must be able to cultivate and maintain strategic alliances with
key stakeholders within and outside the organization.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment to ensure
that projects are completed in a timely manner.
• Able to analyze and evaluate information/situations and
facilitate or recommend reasonable solutions.
• Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively use a variety of software and information
systems to input/retrieve and/or manage data.
• Must be ethical and uses integrity when communicating and/or
interacting with all individuals within the Dallas College network
• Must be able to use a variety of communication skills to convey
information to individuals internal/external to the
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office
environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals
with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Associates degree plus two (2) years of administrative work
experience or four (4) years of administrative work experience.
Official transcripts are required.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions
may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for administrative support of senior managers and
executives involving the management and operation of the office and
the execution of processes, policies, and procedures according to
organizational guidelines and district policies/procedures.
• Creates a positive, professional, service-oriented work
environment by supporting diversity and the mission and values of
• Responsible for scheduling meetings, coordinating travel
arrangements, calendar management, expense report management and/or
composing routine correspondence.
• Depending on assigned area of responsibility, duties may include
but not limited to, providing support to faculty, staff and
students related to preparation of contracts, development of class
schedules, room assignments, preparation of periodic and special
• Maintains confidentiality when dealing with sensitive
• Participates in professional development activities to enhance
job knowledge and stay up to date on changing trends and technology
associated with assigned area of responsibility.
• Works closely and effectively with diverse stakeholders and
constituents internal and external to the organization and the
Dallas College network community, keeping them well informed of
upcoming events, commitments, etc., and follows up
• Within area of responsibility, may act as liaison and/or primary
resource for faculty, staff and/or students in areas relating to
program information, enrollment process, tuition reimbursement,
campus services, and with other public and/or private organizations
regarding campus services, internal/external requests for
information which may include the research, analyzation, and
summarization of data from files and records, etc.
• Develops and maintains complex, highly confidential information
such as problem/disciplinary actions, recommendation letters,
evaluations, grades, and other material on behalf of the
• Keeps abreast of all organizational changes.
• Undertakes projects and exercises sound judgement in the
preparation of correspondence, reports and presentations.
• Responsible for inventory and maintenance of office
• Attends meetings, sits on committees and/or councils on behalf of
management or the organization.
• Uses excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication
skills when interacting with diverse multicultural individuals
within the Dallas College network community.
• Proficient in the use of email and Microsoft Office Suite. May
monitor budget and/or supervise assigned personnel.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development
training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration
of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any
particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform
job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this
description. Position requires regular and predictable
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides
education and employment opportunities without discrimination on
the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with
Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 28 Nov 2022 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 9 Dec 2022 11:55 PM Central Standard