Registrar Services Specialist II (Online/Remote)
Online / RemoteOnline / Remote
Registrar Services Specialist II
American Public University System
The Registrar Services Specialist II will assist students with
course registration, course withdrawal, and activities associated
with course enrollment and maintaining a student's academic record.
Additionally, the Specialist is responsible for responding to
student appeal requests, investigating and delivering appropriate
appeal outcomes, reviewing appeal requests for eligibility, and
triaging non-appeal escalations for resolution. This position
provides support and customer service to students, staff, and
faculty and supports other projects as needed, including but not
limited to process improvement, reporting, and service experience.
Successful candidates must be customer service-oriented, highly
organized, and able to multitask and work independently.
- Responds to APUS student phone and e-mail inquiries concerning
registration, grades, extensions, drops, withdrawals, probation,
and other tasks within one business day while complying with the
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Assists students with Manual Registrations and Withdrawals and
maintains accurate records.
- Researches and prepares all appeals for review and ensures
decisions are delivered within SLA.
- Uses effective research strategies to investigate concerns
posed by students, staff, and faculty.
- Maintains accurate notes in respective systems for processes
for student record updates, tracking, and reporting.
- Employs resolution skills to maintain a positive working
relationship with multiple departments.
- Understands APUS policies, programs, and procedures to provide
assistance and guidance to students in these areas while enforcing
- Performs other Functions of the Office of the Registrar to
support the APUS student body
- Understanding of higher education organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and customer
- Ability to work under pressure, within deadlines, and
- Understanding of online learning structure and purpose
- Understanding of student development and learning
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills (including
basic editing experience)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical, organizational, and administrative
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight
deadlines and meet department service level agreements
- Ability to work as a team player as well as work independently
to complete work through prioritization and time management
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions,
responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve
- 2 Years of Professional office experience required.
- Prior experience in a Registrar's office or other academic
- Strong customer service background preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
American Public University System (APUS) is an Online University
based in Charles Town, WV. Our company has over 100,000 students.
Our emphasis is educating our nation's military and public services
communities with quality and affordable education. APUS provides
partnership and commitment in helping students realize the dream of
a higher education and the opportunities that brings.
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and
American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity
to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals
equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements,
compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of
American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national
origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado Pay Law/NYC Pay Transparency Law
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is
available in Colorado, New York City or remote, you may be eligible
to receive additional information about the compensation and
benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please
send an email to email@example.com
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=34bfbae1-0a23-43f6-be57-c97bdb87e9aa