Human Resources Specialist (Online/Remote)
- American Public University System
- West Virginia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 29, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Other Business & Management
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Human Resources Specialist (Online/Remote)
Requisition Number: HUMAN003946
Location: Online / RemoteOnline / Remote
Human Resources Specialist
American Public Education, Inc.
This position serves as the main point of contact for employees requiring Tier 1 human resource support. This individual will screen phone calls and emails, triage and track inquiries/issues, and facilitate communication/information exchange between employees and other departments. This role will support or escalate employee matters appropriately across the Human Resources team and provide the highest levels of customer service. Primary areas of support include (but are not limited to): Employee Benefits, Performance Management, Training, Compliance, Onboarding, and general HR administration.
- Performs customer service functions by assisting with employee and requests and questions via email, phone, and/or in person communication.
- Responsible for routine processes and inquiries regarding all HR functions to include managing incoming e-mail correspondence, employee personnel files, and general HR requests.
- Escalates inquires or requests when appropriate to Corporate HR.
- Assists with the benefits communication from employees/faculty.
- Supports the performance management process including employee/managers step/process reviews, timelines, and general process questions.
- Ensures all employee personnel files are up to date. Keep track of document retention.
- Updates and maintain Human Resource Information System records as needed.
- Assists leadership with various projects and tasks.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality when dealing with employee matters and documents.
- Participates in developing and carrying out department goals and objectives.
- Meets established department SLA's.
- Makes photocopies, fax/scan documents and perform other clerical functions related to employees.
- Assists with other functional areas of HR as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and escalates information skillfully.
- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things. Ability to approach employee questions and concerns in a caring, confidential and helpful manner.
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive employee issues.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrated group presentation skills.
- Proficient in vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and proofreading. Ability to compose and prepare correspondence appropriate for the leadership team.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Ability to multitask.
- Experience in organizing and managing administrative processes.
- Proactive, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment, which demands a high level of energy and commitment.
- Ability to portray a professional image at all times.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of HR experience required
- Minimum of 4 years in a professional office environment required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and web-based technology
- Proficiency with Human Resources Information Technologies, preferably UKG Pro
Competencies Critical to this Position:
- Customer service
- Detail oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- Conflict management
- Performance management
- Planning and monitoring for results
- Rational decision making
Online, on campus and in the workplace, we provide higher education and training to our country's heroes - military service members, veterans, nurses, government employees, and motivated professionals that want to make a difference. American Public Education, Inc. educates service-minded students, ranging from the military, public service, federal agencies, and nursing communities, through American Public University System (APUS), Hondros College of Nursing (HCON), Rasmussen University and Graduate School USA (GSUSA).
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado Pay Law/NYC Pay Transparency Law
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is available in Colorado, New York City or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/b66d4325-6be5-4691-ab44-c96532dee1ff/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b41f861c-596e-45aa-912b-46b1539603d5 jeid-bad5fb97b3537541a67d4c1e0d29dad5
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert