Human Resources Specialist (Online/Remote)
Online / RemoteOnline / Remote
Human Resources Specialist
Public Education, Inc.
This position serves as the main point of contact for employees
requiring Tier 1 human resource support. This individual will
screen phone calls and emails, triage and track inquiries/issues,
and facilitate communication/information exchange between employees
and other departments. This role will support or escalate employee
matters appropriately across the Human Resources team and provide
the highest levels of customer service. Primary areas of support
include (but are not limited to): Employee Benefits, Performance
Management, Training, Compliance, Onboarding, and general HR
- Performs customer service functions by assisting with employee
and requests and questions via email, phone, and/or in person
- Responsible for routine processes and inquiries regarding all
HR functions to include managing incoming e-mail correspondence,
employee personnel files, and general HR requests.
- Escalates inquires or requests when appropriate to Corporate
- Assists with the benefits communication from
- Supports the performance management process including
employee/managers step/process reviews, timelines, and general
- Ensures all employee personnel files are up to date. Keep track
of document retention.
- Updates and maintain Human Resource Information System records
- Assists leadership with various projects and tasks.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality when dealing with
employee matters and documents.
- Participates in developing and carrying out department goals
- Meets established department SLA's.
- Makes photocopies, fax/scan documents and perform other
clerical functions related to employees.
- Assists with other functional areas of HR as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers
and escalates information skillfully.
- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and
exhibits willingness to try new things. Ability to approach
employee questions and concerns in a caring, confidential and
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the
experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle
interpersonal relationships and sensitive employee issues.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; demonstrated group presentation skills.
- Proficient in vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and
proofreading. Ability to compose and prepare correspondence
appropriate for the leadership team.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently
and develops realistic action plans.
- Ability to multitask.
- Experience in organizing and managing administrative
- Proactive, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, changing
environment, which demands a high level of energy and
- Ability to portray a professional image at all times.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing
demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions,
responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve
- Promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures
and uses equipment and materials properly.
Competencies Critical to this Position:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of HR experience required
- Minimum of 4 years in a professional office environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and web-based
- Proficiency with Human Resources Information Technologies,
preferably UKG Pro
- Customer service
- Detail oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- Conflict management
- Performance management
- Planning and monitoring for results
- Rational decision making
Online, on campus and in the workplace, we provide higher education
and training to our country's heroes - military service members,
veterans, nurses, government employees, and motivated professionals
that want to make a difference. American Public Education, Inc.
educates service-minded students, ranging from the military, public
service, federal agencies, and nursing communities, through
American Public University System (APUS), Hondros College of
Nursing (HCON), Rasmussen University and Graduate School USA
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and
American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity
to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals
equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements,
compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of
American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national
origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado Pay Law/NYC Pay Transparency Law
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is
available in Colorado, New York City or remote, you may be eligible
to receive additional information about the compensation and
benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please
send an email to email@example.com
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/b66d4325-6be5-4691-ab44-c96532dee1ff/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b41f861c-596e-45aa-912b-46b1539603d5