Elon University Music Department, Lecturer, Music Production and Recording Arts.
Elon University invites applications for a full-time position in music production and recording arts at the lecturer rank beginning mid-August 2023 with a primary teaching focus in audio/music production and post-production for music, television, film, and other media (including sound design, ADR, Foley, mixing, music editing, re-recording mixing, and mastering) with experience working in surround sound and immersive audio formats such as Dolby Atmos.
Other responsibilities may include mentoring student research and advising, teaching in the Elon Core Curriculum, live sound, music business and entrepreneurship, music production, studio techniques, or other topics related to the candidate’s expertise, and assisting with studio maintenance.
Qualified applicants must have a Master’s degree, with either the undergraduate or graduate degree in music production/music technology/commercial music, and the other degree could be in a complementary or related field such as music, music business, or communications/television/cinema production.
- Master’s degree;
- Demonstrated professional experience in audio/music production and/or postproduction in the areas listed in the position description;
- Teaching experience in audio/music production, post-production, or related field at the college level preferred.
Application Instructions and Required Documents:
Applications must be received by January 1, 2023 to be assured of consideration and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested applicants must submit the following items, attached to the email in PDF file format with the applicant’s name in the title of each document (example: ApplicantNameCoverLetter.pdf)
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae including professional credits relating to the teaching responsibilities of this position; education; list of college-level courses taught relating to this position;
- Web-link to an online audio and/or video portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates your professional work in the areas of teaching focus for this position;
- Statement of your teaching philosophy;
- Statement of contributions to diversity (statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion through teaching, research, professional activity and/or service);
- Contact information for three professional references required. Up to three letters of support, optional.
- Unofficial graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
We affirm that Elon University values and celebrates the diverse backgrounds, cultures, experiences, and perspectives of our community members. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our employees are people who foster respect for human differences, passion for lifelong learning, personal integrity, and an ethic of work and service. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity. All our employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of people, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences in their cover letter. Elon is a dynamic private, co-educational, comprehensive institution that is a national model for actively engaging faculty and students in teaching and learning in a liberal art based residential campus. To learn more about Elon, please visit the University web site at www.elon.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately.