Post Doctoral Psychology Resident
CA 94556, CA
1/10/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20
miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based
in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint
Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse
backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle
Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman
Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers
undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and
professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence,
innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant
heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An
outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry,
integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions
to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the
educational benefits of diversity.
We are currently looking for 2 Post-Doctoral Resident to
begin in mid-August of 2023 for a 9.5 month
Position Description and Job Duties
Performs supervised individual and group counseling, supervision,
crisis intervention, programming, and consultation/outreach to the
College community.Provides brief therapy, Single session therapy,
and makes appropriate referrals.Work is supervised by professional
staff, and individual clinical work is supervised by a licensed
psychologist. This is a 9.5 month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts intake interviews with students who request counseling
services and completes the required clinical documentation via
electronic record keeping system within the same day.
- Provides individual and group counseling to students on a
scheduled basis or through crisis intervention.
- Periodically serve as an “on-call” counselor after-hours, conduct
risk- and safety-assessments, and respond as needed.
- Provides clinical supervision to a practicum student and
maintains supervision notes.
- Provides outreach workshops to the campus community.
- Consults with supervisors and staff as needed.
- Acts as a campus resource regarding mental health issues and
represents CAPS on campus
- Serves as a liaison between client and campus or community
resources as needed.
- Provides consultation to staff, faculty, and parents seeking
assistance for distressed students or those with serious mental
- Attends all required training seminars, staff meetings, and
supervision on a weekly basis.
- Interacts with staff and students in a professional and ethical
- Participates in supervision and training with an openness to
learning and receiving feedback.
August 14th, 2023 - Orientation takes
place during the first two weeks. Orientation is mandatory
and takes place Monday through Friday 9am-5pm from
Normal hours begin on August 28th, 2023.
Postdoc year ends May 31st, 2024.
Application Deadline: 1/10/22
Experience and Qualifications
Earned a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from a regionally or
APA-accreditedCounseling or Clinical Psychology program.
Completion of a doctoral psychology internship that included
counseling/psychotherapy as a main component of the training
Prior experience working with developmental issues of late
adolescence, college students, and with diverse populations.
Completion of doctoral psychology internship at a university
Prior experience working with “high-risk” clients (e.g., emotional
dysregulation, suicidality, substance use, self-harm)
Familiarity with Psychodynamic/relational theory and
Knowledge and experience in sports psychology and working with
student athletes strongly encouraged to apply
Apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
Please read on-line instructions carefully as you must upload and
include the below in order for your application to be considered
1. A cover letter briefly describing your interest and why you
would be a good fit for this postdoc position at Saint Mary's
2. A current curriculum vitae, which includes the expected date of
3. Three letters of recommendation. (1 letter from a clinical
supervisor from your predoctoral internship, 1 letter from either
clinical or administrative supervisor, and 1 letter from your
dissertation chair outlining a timeline for completion of
dissertation and graduation date.)
4. Transcripts of graduate work, unofficial is acceptable
Saint Mary's College is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys