Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- Postdoctoral Associate in Civil Engineering Department with a
collaboration with Computer Science Department.
- The Postdoctoral Associate is expected to assist the Principal
Investigator (PI) in working on a project on developing innovative
efficient construction materials for infrastructure. The emphasis
on areas that will improve the sustainability and resilience of
civil infrastructure is preferred.
- Designing, organizing, and conducting research.
- Writing technical reports, mentor undergraduate and graduate
students, and publish papers.
- Proposing research ideas.
- Assisting in writing research proposals.
- Helping some teaching loads when applicable.
- Doctoral degree in Civil Engineering, Computer Science
Engineering, or other related fields with focus on construction and
civil engineering materials testing and
- Strong background in developing innovative and efficient
construction materials for improving the sustainability and
resilience of civil infrastructure.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities: Machine learning,
digitalization, AI techniques, Modeling, Matlab, Latex.
- Strong track-record in scientific contributions supported by
peer-reviewed publications in top journals/conferences.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Additional education, experience, skills that are preferred for
- Design and development of new construction materials such as
new composites and innovative materials based on coupled advanced
multi-scale computational modeling and experimental
- Design and development of (1) fiber reinforced concrete (e.g.,
UHPC) for structural applications and rehabilitation, (2)
ecofriendly, 3D printable construction materials (3) self-sensing
concrete (4) novel material technologies for carbon capture and
sequestration (5) autogenous/autonomous self-healing
- Utilization of digital fabrication, including additive
manufacturing in development and application of new construction
materials and development and application of nano scale evaluation
methods for material characterization and health
- Using machine learning techniques to accelerate the design of
novel concrete formulations with enhanced properties and lower
- Interested applicants should submit a single PDF that includes
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three references and their contact information
- Any other pertinent materials.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position is filled.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R-054554