28360000 - VM-WORLD EQUESTRIAN CENTER
The University of Florida Veterinary Hospitals is recruiting an
individual to manage inventory utilizing industry best practices
and data-driven decisions at our two hospitals in Ocala, FL. (UF
Pet Emergency Treatment Services and UF Veterinary Hospital at the
World Equestrian Center) The inventory control specialist will work
with cross-functional teams to procure, stock, maintain, and
analyze usage of the hospital's inventory and manage hospital
equipment. Critical competencies for this position include
analytical skills, attention to detail, communication skills, and
strong knowledge of business management. Preferred candidates will
have strong knowledge of Cornerstone practice management systems,
inventory management software, supply cabinet software, accounting,
purchasing, business administration, and Excel.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Hours and days may be adjusted
based on the business needs of the UF PETS and UFVH at WEC
hospitals. This position is considered essential personnel.
Although the majority of time will be spent at the hospitals in
Ocala, FL, this position will also travel to the hospital in
Gainesville as required for the position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB AND THE PERCENTAGE OF TIME
SPENT ON EACH FUNCTION
This position oversees inventory management within the UF Pet
Emergency Treatment Services and UF Veterinary Hospital at the
World Equestrian Center.
Inventory Analysis and Reporting
- Restock supplies in CUBEX cabinets and supply stores throughout
the UF PETS and UFVH at WEC hospitals
- Reconfigure CUBEX layout to optimize usage
- Work with Administration and Purchasing to coordinate special
- Place and receive orders for regular supplies
- Maintain a log of all invoices according to DEA and regulatory
- Manage and reset inventory par values as needed
- Adjust pricing for inventory as needed to maintain set
- Manage inventory lot numbers and expiration dates
- Assist with the management of electronic inventory system
- Perform regular cycle counts and participate in End of Year
Hospital Equipment Management
- Review CUBEX Exception Report daily to reconcile missed
- Create reports for key inventory KPI's such as inventory
turnover, write-off, and holding costs to determine accurate
pricing and inventory relevance
- Utilize reports and data to find trends to support sound
business decisions and initiatives
- Develop best practice SOP for services to optimize inventory
usage and stocking
- Generate and distribute relevant inventory reports as
- Provide administrative support for new inventory business
- Reconcile and approve purchasing transactions
- Audit purchase accounts for discrepancies each month
Provide Backup or Additional Support for
- Oversight of hospital equipment repair and maintenance
- Manage service and warranty contracts for hospital
- Ensure preventative maintenance for equipment is scheduled and
completed on time
- Maintain detailed inventory of equipment and relevant
- Assist with budget preparation for equipment purchases
- Communicate regularly with hospital stakeholders to provide
updates on equipment repair and status
- Manage budgets associated with equipment purchases and
Assist with Hospital Data Mining and
- Provide training for hospital information systems when
- Assist with practice manager responsibilities as needed for UF
PETS and UFVH at WEC
- Assist with deposits and cash exchange for UF PETS and UFVH at
- Assist with Control Drug Counts for UF PETS and UFVH at
- Provide backup support as needed for the operations teams at
the UF SAH and LAH
- Assist with receiving and stocking inventory at the UF SAH and
- Assist with End of Year Count at UF SAH, LAH, and Pharmacy
- Provide inventory supply support for Pharmacy as needed
- Extract data from Hospital Information System and Reporting
- Generate reports as requested from various datasets
- Run and format existing reports as needed for the hospital
- Utilize Excel and other accounting software to produce
Perform other duties as assigned.
The University of Florida offers complete benefit packages
including but not limited to;
- Paid Leave and Holidays.
- Extensive Medical Benefits (including health, dental, and
- Professional Development Assistance.
- Employee Discount.
This position requires a post-offer health assessment and
$20.00 - $27.00/hourly; commensurate with education and
- High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant
experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical
training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience in Cornerstone (Hospital Information System).
- Demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous
attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as
interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other members of the
patient care team.
- Critical thinking skills and a positive attitude; Able to think
independently and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills; excellent verbal, listening,
and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work in a team environment and collaborate with a
variety of personnel in a positive manner.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not reapply.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are
claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214
Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our
for more specific information.
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Health Assessment Required:
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/523799/warehousestores-specialist
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect
to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic
information and veteran status in all aspects of employment
including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline,
terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and