University of Idaho
Graduate Admissions Specialist/DSO
College of Graduate Studies
$16.81 or higher depending on education and
Processes domestic and international graduate admission
applications by compiling documentation, including academic and
personal information; evaluates academic records and supporting
documentation to prepare files for departmental admission approval
or denial; assigns appropriate decision; assists telephone and
walk-in client contacts; provides research necessary in support of
administrative decision making. Provides guidance and assistance
regarding program rules, requirements and regulations to office and
graduate program staff and prospective applicants. Reviews
eligibility for issuance of immigration documents. Provides support
to the overall COGS admission and student support team.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience compiling and analyzing information from electronic
- Experience exercising independent judgement and
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word
processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, humanities or
- Experience evaluating domestic and international transcripts
- Experience with SEVIS.
- Experience working in an admissions office.
- Experience with Student Record System and/or electronic
- Experience working cooperatively as a part of a team with a
variety of people, including students, faculty, staff, and
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be eligible to serve as a Designated School Official.
Open Until Filled:
To be fully considered for
the position please submit a resume, list of at least 3 references,
and a business formatted
letter of qualification
addressing each of the required and
preferred qualifications. Responses should provide examples of your
experience and relate to the job responsibility areas of this
This position is open until filled, applications received on or
before October 17, 2022 will receive first consideration.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative