Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
- Babson College
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Assistant Director will be an integral part of the admissions team charged with identifying, recruiting, and enrolling graduate degree students and certificate to degree with a special focus on Babson’s full-time programs in Wellesley, MA. Specific responsibilities include outbound phone work to prospective candidates, staffing recruiting events (on and off campus) and taking an active role in the interview and application review process while serving as a point-of-contact for select MBA applicants, specifically those interested in Babson’s full-time graduate programs.
- Responsible for implementing the conversion process for the MBA and Masters programs including proactive outreach to inquiries, applicants, and admitted candidates via web, telephone, mail, e-mail, social media, and in person.
- Meets enrollment goals through the establishment of effective consultative sales strategies and relationship management.
- Promotes Babson’s Graduate programs through direct communication, professional presentations, and the execution of well-coordinated recruitment travel as well as onsite and virtual events.
- In collaboration with the recruitment team, manages the prospect funnel (from inquiry through enrollment) for select MBA enrollment.
- Reviews admission applications to the College; presents recommendations to the admission committee; and has ownership in decision-making processes (this includes some evening and weekend work).
- Maintains responsibility for assigned full-time applicants, including oversight of inquiry and applicant statistics as well as cultivating relationships with students, faculty, staff and alumni/ae.
- Interviews and counsels prospective students and evaluates their candidacy for Babson’s suite of full-time programs.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Admissions and the Senior Events Manager in planning and executing recruiting events, both on campus and off. The program events may include: one-on-one sessions with candidates, visitor programs, information sessions, yield receptions, and business development visits.
- Takes the lead on benchmarking projects to ensure application process continues to be competitive and reflect market place shifts.
- Functions as a member of a cross-functional team that includes Career Development, Academic Services, Student Financial Aid and International Student Services; shares responsibility for establishing and maintaining a productive, collaborative and continuous feedback loop with colleagues throughout the school and College.
- Shares responsibility for marketing efforts including a variety of outreach strategies designed to increase the funnel of inquiries, convert inquiries to applicants, interview and counsel prospective students, and evaluate their candidacy for one of Babson’s programs.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and projects as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in graduate admission, marketing, recruiting, staffing, or sales.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a “make-it-happen” mindset that leverages creative solutions to recruit strong candidates.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with frequent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to report and manipulate data to identify shifts and trends in the marketplace.
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, and faculty
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support Entrepreneurial Thought & Action; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft office. Successful candidates should know how to Mail Merge, Sort/Filter within Excel, manipulate data with excel, and grasp changing technology quickly.
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to require a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information upon hire or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources
- Position is based in Wellesley, MA with the opportunity to work remotely up to 3 days a week after a 3-month training period.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert