This full-time, 9-month, tenure earning position will help coordinate FIU’s new BFA track in Musical Theatre. Responsibilities include teaching Musical Theatre and Acting courses and directing musicals, cabarets and showcases. This pivotal position will require a focused plan of creative activity and/or research for tenure and promotion, as well as contributions to recruitment, curriculum development, mentoring, service, and leadership.
- MFA or PhD in Acting, Directing, Theatre, or related discipline
- Extensive knowledge of Musical Theatre Vocal Repertoire and Styles
- Advanced training as an actor, director, or musical theatre artist
- Record of professional experience performing in and/or directing musicals
- Evidence of effective college level teaching at a nationally accredited institution or conservatory
- Potential for a vibrant agenda of creative activity and/or research/ scholarship
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and working in a diverse university environment
- Talented teacher/artist grounded in truth and embodied acting techniques
- Training in musical techniques (such as Estil Voice Training, LoVetri Method or “Rock the Audition”)
- Active professional creative work and industry connections
- Eligibility for membership in professional unions
- Excellence in interpersonal communication and collaboration
- Piano skills
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Job Opening ID 528287 at https://facultycareers.fiu.edu/
Please submit the following with your application:
- A cover letter detailing your interest, your demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and how your training and experience would align with the requirements of the position and enhance our program
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A Professional Theatre resumé
- A one-page statement describing current and potential creative activity/ research/ scholarship
- A one-page statement of teaching philosophy
- Three names of references with full contact information. Letters of recommendation will be requested upon advancement of candidacy.
The position is open until filled. Please contact Professor Rebecca Covey, Search Committee Chair with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to applications and materials received by January 1, 2023.