Lecturer or Senior Lecturer of Information Systems
- Kennesaw State University
- Kennesaw, Georgia
- Posted Date
- Nov 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for an open rank nine-month, non-tenure track Lecturer faculty position in the Department of Information Systems and Security beginning August 2023.
A commitment to excellence in teaching and service to the university, department and/or discipline is expected of all non-tenure track faculty.
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses in information systems management, enterprise systems, IS project management, database, web development, IS architecture, systems analysis, and design, FinTech, principles of information security, or other courses related to information systems and/or information security.
- Some service to the department, college, and/or university is expected.
- Teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include
To teach undergraduate courses:
- A Master’s degree, or the foreign equivalent, in a discipline related to business administration, information systems, and/or information security or a closely related discipline is required.
- A Master’s degree, or the foreign equivalent, in a non-related discipline with 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching discipline is required.
To teach graduate courses:
- A Terminal/Doctorate degree, or the foreign equivalent, in business administration, information systems, information security, or a related discipline is required.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Record of prior teaching
- Industry experience
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 252117.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert