Posting Detail Information
Adjunct Faculty, Elementary Education
Internal Position Title
Adjunct Faculty, Elementary Education
Business & Social Sciences Div
Teach classes in our Education Department.
- Master’s degree in Education or Master’s degree in a related
field with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Education.
- Previous experience teaching.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, your application
will remain in the pool until the posting closes. Selected
applicants will be contacted by the academic department when an
opening is anticipated.
Per adjunct faculty contract.
Total Hours per week
Per class schedule.
Per class schedule. Classes may be in person at Grayslake,
Waukegan, or Vernon Hills or online.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
Summary of Essential Functions
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Teach classes in our Education Department.
- Teach courses in subject field. Develop instructional
materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend
required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic
life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
- Faculty members are expected to maintain current in compliance
training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible
Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security
- Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course
outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
- Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students,
when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the
- Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes
course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in
line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and
evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College,
Division, or departmental policy.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course
objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects,
discussions or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
- Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required
by the College.
- Be available for student consultation through phone or email
and by appointment in person.
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve
and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
- Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate
measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing
instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to
measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the
department. Provide all results as requested.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and
current course syllabus and approved textbooks (and/or related
instructional material). Meet all classes for the scheduled
- Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the
required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course
evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course
- Revise and update course content as needed.
- Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of
program advisory boards, college, division, and department
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate
- POSITIONS SUPERVISED : None
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher in Education or
Master's degree or higher in a related field with at least 18
graduate credit hours in Education?
- * Do you have teaching experience?
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document