Full-time Instructor/Lecturer – Department of Health Sciences
- University of Central Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Commensurate with experience. Good benefits package.
- Posted Date
- Nov 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Nutrition
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Health Sciences in the College of Health Professions and Sciences (CHPS) at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for a 9-month instructor or lecturer position. The expected start date is fall 2023.
The Department of Health Sciences is the second largest undergraduate major at UCF with (~3,900 undergraduate majors and ~400 minors). Strategic emphasis within the Department of Health Sciences focuses on pathophysiological, clinical, and behavioral understanding of human health. The Department of Health Sciences is recognized for its high-quality educational offerings including courses designated as research intensive, service learning, and integrative learning experiences. For more information about the Department of Health Sciences, visit our website at: https://healthprofessions.ucf.edu/healthsciences/.
Candidates with expertise in human nutrition and the nutritional management of chronic diseases and conditions are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate courses and potentially graduate courses; demonstrate high quality course delivery and student learning and engagement; mentor students, including teaching assistants; participate in mentoring student thesis research; participate in internal and external professional service activities that contribute to the advancement of the department; and demonstrate collegiality in all aspects of faculty engagement. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, along with the ability to provide students with sound advice for professional development. The teaching load for this position is four classes each fall and spring semester.
- Earned master’s degree (for an instructor) or doctorate, Ph.D. or equivalent (for a lecturer) in nutrition or a closely related discipline from an accredited academic institution of higher education is required by the start of the appointment. Registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) credential from the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Teaching experience in nutrition or closely related areas such as nutritional biochemistry/metabolism, pathophysiology of chronic diseases, nutritional epidemiology, or nutrition and health behavior. Demonstrate effective engagement in an environment where colleagues and students come from many backgrounds and identities and commitment to equitable and inclusive teaching and research practices, as UCF is a diverse institution centered on access, belonging, and diverse perspectives.
- A doctorate, Ph.D. or equivalent in nutrition or a closely related discipline from an accredited academic institution of higher education. At least two years full-time experience as instructor of record teaching nutrition courses to undergraduate and/or graduate students in an academic program at an institution of higher education with evidence of effectiveness of teaching and instructional innovation in a large and diverse academic program within a university setting. Evidence of effective student mentoring, including mentoring teaching assistants and/or mentoring undergraduate/graduate student theses. Strong practice as an RDN, particularly in a clinical setting.
Application: UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources employment opportunities website, https://www.ucf.edu/jobs/.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert