This is a broadband position. The department willing be hiring
either for a Development Officer I, 2, or 3.
Manages a portfolio of major gifts donors and prospects in support
of university-wide initiatives or for one or more assigned colleges
or units. Possesses some knowledge and expertise regarding personal
solicitation and fundraising in general, and at least a basic
knowledge of planned giving.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects which are mostly at the level
of $25,000 to $100,000.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits prospects and stewards
donors; works with faculty, staff and volunteers as
- Provides guidance to the college or unit on major gifts and
other development and fundraising matters.
- If assigned to a college or unit, may be responsible for
creating and implementing a development plan for components within
the assigned college, including resource management.
- May administer other advancement activities, such as alumni
relations, publications, special events, media relations, etc. for
assigned college or unit.
- Participates in University-wide development activities as
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
Additional Job Posting Information:
Development Officer 1:
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year of experience
Salary: min. 4,463.00-5,804.00
Development Officer 2 - Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of
Salary: min. 5,792.00-7,675.00
Development Officer 3 - Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of