Executive Director of Pinkney Innovation Complex MC
Job Description Summary
Executive Director of PIC MC
Montgomery College (Maryland) invites applications for the
Executive Director of Pinkney Innovation Complex for Science and
Technology (PIC MC) position.
Montgomery College has a unique opportunity for an Executive
Director to lead and manage the development of a forty-acre
innovative science and technology innovative hub in collaboration
with academic, corporate, and governmental partners. The Germantown
Campus is home to the Pinkney Innovation Complex for Science and
Technology at Montgomery College, or PIC MC, a hub of education,
business, and entrepreneurship, where industry partners co-locate
and actively interact with faculty and students to achieve both
educational and economic success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Bring your knowledge, skills, passion, and creativity to:
- Develop and implement strategic and annual plan and goals for
the PIC MC and the PIC MC Foundation; evaluate the implementation
of the plan and accomplishment of goals.
- Lead, manage and oversee the assets and real estate development
of the Pinkney Innovation Complex for science and technology at
Montgomery College (PIC MC).
- Initiate new projects and leads in support of the creation of
an integrated academic, business and research campus that
contributes to student success.
- Lead the initiatives to market and attract potential resident
partners/companies to co-locate in PIC MC.
- Identify real estate development firms to develop, finance,
construct, deliver, market, lease, and manage development of one or
more office and laboratory buildings for potential tenants and
resident partners within PIC MC.
- Manage the relationships with development partners to ensure
ongoing connections to Montgomery College and to its students and
- Identify and manage consultants regarding land use planning,
design, marketing, engineering, financing, construction and legal
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven years of experience in real estate and/or economic
development including three years of progressively responsible or
equivalent administrative experience.
- The understanding of the bioscience, biotechnology, technology
- Experience with managing financial and administrative
Additional Job Information:
Initial salary placement $103,310 to $142,064, commensurate
with education and experience.
More details about PIC MC Foundation at Montgomery College can
be found at:
For questions, please contact Maria Bedenbaugh, HR
Specialist, at: Maria.firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- A CEcD - certified economic development professional accredited
through International Economic Development Council (IEDC).
- Experience in creating partnerships with state and local
- Experience in establishing and maintaining corporate
partnerships with college/university.
- Apply online at: http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- This posting is open until filled with full consideration
given to those applications received by September 10,
- Resume and a cover letter are required.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
Montgomery College is a welcoming community college committed to
our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion; academic rigor and
excellence; and to developing the talented workforce for a thriving
Montgomery County. Resolute in our commitment to attracting and
retaining a diverse staff, Montgomery College will honor your
experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Montgomery College
offers nationally known programs including, cybersecurity,
engineering, computer science, health sciences, and biotechnology.
Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and
learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and
We invite applications from individuals who want to join us in our
mission to provide an exceptional educational experience and foster
academic and economic success in a synergistic environment.
Employees of Montgomery College are integral to meeting this
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick leave,
paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits,
professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance,
tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming
including onsite gyms, pools, and classes.
Open Until Filled