Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), Graduate School
Location: New Orleans (Local Candidates Only; Possible Exception if a Strong Connection to NOLA, e.g. univeristy alum)
Compensation: Base Salary well into six figures depending on relevant experience plus benefits
Highly respected Graduate School in New Orleans seeks a Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
About the Position: As you might expect, this is an onsite role (remote work is not an option), given the importance of having an experienced CHRO to shape, promote and promulgate human resource values through appropriate programs, policies and services. Accountabilities include: talent acquisition, development and management; core HR operations e.g. compensation and benefits, regulatory compliance and employee relations; and employment best practices e.g. employee engagement. Detailed position description available to qualified candidates.
About the Opportunity: This is a game-changing career move; as CHRO you will
- interact with the senior leadership team to drive organizational culture,
- have an opportunity to build new programs and initiatives,
- leave your legacy on the employees and communities served.
- enjoy ample opportunities for continuous learning and growth.
Requirements: the successful candidate must meet the following qualifications and experience requirements.
- 15 + years of progressive human resources leadership, including experience managing a staff of at least ten people.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; master’s preferred; master’s degree offsets two years experience
- Prior HR leadership experience as a Director, AVP, VP, or CHRO in HR, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion, and Organizational Leadership related positions.
- Proven ability to drive execution; individual must be able to effectively pivot from strategic to tactical to ensure progress and meaningful impact.
- Experience building a solid HR organization and team that can drive organizational change.
- Appreciation and understanding for academic culture, perhaps gained through experience in higher education or in a similarly complex and mission-driven organization, e.g. civil service
- Experience in higher education or civil service strongly preferred. SPHR or PHR certification a plus.