Bus Driver (part time)
Part-time Bus Driver
Financial and Administrative Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Safely drive a 12-46 passenger bus from campus to locations
off-campus on a regular schedule.
- Operate passenger shuttle on a scheduled route from campus to
- Operate bus on special trips as scheduled.
- Perform daily inspections as required.
- Fill gas tank when needed.
- Promptly report maintenance issues.
- Assist passengers with physical deficits on and off of vehicle,
ensuring safe transport.
- Keep record of passenger numbers and/or log-book as
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Chief Campus Services
- Complete all pre and post-trip inspections.
- Enforce federal, state and University guidelines for bus
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of highway regulations
- Knowledge of how to deal with patrons
- Knowledge of how to deal with individuals with special
- Knowledge of scheduling system and procedures
- Knowledge of record keeping system
- Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures
- Ability to provide a safe, clean, and comfortable
transportation for students.
- Ability to maintain a commitment to the safety of the students,
drivers, motorists, cyclists, pedestrians.
- Skill in driving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Decision making skills
- Team building skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer service and public interaction skills
- Ability to perform daily inspection of shuttle and ensure all
preventive and scheduled maintenance are conducted.
- Ability to work independently with little to no direct
- Ability to be responsible, dependable, and punctual.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Ability to exercise judgment and operate under time
- Able to speak and read English to converse with students.
- Ability and willingness to follow traffic regulations.
- Ability to adhere to strict daily route schedules.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Ability to operate a bus in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to read and write to record pickups and maintain daily
- Ability to comprehend written material
High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience
in driving a bus is required. A Commercial Driver’s License ( CDL )
with a 24 plus passenger endorsement is required. Previous or
current public transportation or experience with large passenger
vehicles is preferred. An offer of employment is contingent on
passing a pre-employment background check, passing a pre-employment
drug/alcohol screening, and meeting the Department of Motor
Vehicles’ vision requirements.
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to build and
sustain an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment
for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member on
our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of
ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges,
and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. Prospective
candidates will help further the institutional goals of promoting
equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have two (2) years of experience driving a bus?
- * Do you have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a 24
plus passenger endorsement?
- * Please describe your experience with large passenger
(Open Ended Question)