Position Information-Job Vacancy
Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund (CCCPDF) Grant
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Hiring Salary Range
$24.52 - $26.97 / hour
Job Description Summary
This is a grant-funded position scheduled to end 12-31-23.
Funding beyond this date is contingent on renewal of the
Responsible for coordination, management and support of all aspects
of the college’s Child Care Career and Professional Development
Fund ( CCCPDF ) grant, to ensure that funds are used as directed by
the Maryland State Department of Education to support students in
the Education department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum one to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year).
- Combination of education and related experience for a total of
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving
- Strong customer service skills
- Good judgment and initiative and ability to work
- Ability to prioritize workflow and delegate tasks
- Ability to accept responsibility and to work in a team
- Ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful environment with
unexpected interruptions and challenges
- Flexibility and the ability to multi‑task
- Highly skilled in writing
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process. A
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Prepare and submit the annual CCCPDF grant proposal to MSDE,
including all internal college processes.
- Recruit students for the CCCPDF grant, including developing
marketing strategies, preparing marketing materials, working with
peers in the department and around the college, and collaborating
with educational partners, e.g., to plan classroom recruitment
- Develop information and orientation materials for students
- Plan and lead group meetings for potential students and for
- Work with students to prepare and update individual plans;
advise students on course scheduling and assist with registration;
monitor student progress toward and through completion.
- Manage grant-funded equipment and supplies appropriately.
- Prepare the annual grant budget; monitor grant expenditures
throughout the grant year
- Prepare and submit required reports (e.g., quarterly and final
billing and progress reports) by specified deadlines.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, implementing
modifications as indicated.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff involved in the
implementation of the grant.
- Cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with
grantor, partners, professional associations, community groups, and
relevant agencies to assess needs and maintain compliance.
- Ensure student compliance with program requirements.
- Delegate tasks to administrative support staff, as
- Network with other campus offices, other community colleges and
the general community to accomplish work objectives.
- Work to achieve the college’s strategic goals; contribute to
internal and external reports.
- Promote the college’s capabilities and services to business,
government and professional communities for the purpose of
soliciting contracts, engagement, and good will and to increase
their overall knowledge of Prince George’s Community College.
- As a team player, assist in other department, division and area
efforts when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. No significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions.
Is Background Check Required?
- Hours vary. Approximately 12hrs/week.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Effective August 8, 2022, Prince George’s Community College’s
current vaccine mandate expired for students, faculty, and staff.
Select exceptions may apply. Face coverings will be voluntary
campus-wide, including in classrooms and instructional spaces.
Although the College will no longer require new employees and
students to be vaccinated as a condition of employment or
instruction based on current public health conditions, COVID -19
vaccines and boosters are strongly recommended.
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
This is a grant-funded position scheduled to end 6-30-23.
Funding beyond this date is contingent on renewal of the
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have a combination of education and related experience
for a total of at least six years? See minimum qualifications for
- * Please be advised that as required by the 1986 Immigration
Act, candidates must be prepared to present acceptable
documentation showing identity and that you are a U.S. Citizen or
an alien who is authorized to work. It is the college's policy that
PGCC does not provide sponsorship for prospective employees. Will
you require sponsorship to work in the United States?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1