Under the general supervision of the Executive Vice President
and Chief of Staff (EVP & COS), the Executive Assistant
performs complex administrative duties. The principal emphasis is
on handling and preparing sensitive information, files, and
policy-related matters of a highly confidential nature requiring
the utmost discretion and tact in guarding confidentiality. This
position acts as a member of the President’s Office staff. A high
level of independent judgement, initiative and problem-solving
skills are required as well as strong communication and
interpersonal skills. This position is highly confidential in
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates scheduling for appointments, meetings, conferences.
Makes travel arrangements. Confirms appointments and reservations.
Receives and screens calls, mail and visitors. Responds to
inquiries and initiates fact-finding to resolve issues as
- Manages and completes all monthly accounting necessary for EVP
& COS including credit card statements, reimbursements,
- Assists in the preparation of materials for the Board of
Regents Committee meetings. Attends committee meetings and prepares
minutes. Coordinates as necessary with the Office of Board
- Provides support to the President’s Office staff as needed at
the direction of the EVP & COS including greeting visitors,
answer phones, and other administrative tasks.
- At least six years of administrative support experience in
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with suite of Microsoft Programs.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure utmost confidentiality and
discretion at all times.
Seton Hall University is
committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the
principles of affirmative action.