Administrative Assistant, Honors, Phi Theta Kappa, and International Education Programs
- Joliet Junior College
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, International Programs, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Administrative Assistant, Honors Program
POSITION TITLE: tAdministrative Assistant, Honors, Phi Theta Kappa, and International Education Programs
STATUS: Full time
DEPARTMENT: Honors Program (Primary), Phi Theta Kappa, & International Education (Study Abroad) Programs
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Dean of Academic Excellence and Support, and Honors Program Coordinator
PLACEMENT: Support staff, grade 6
MINIMUM PAY RATE: t$39,712.89 annually
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Performs a variety of administrative duties in support of day-to-day office operations as well as special programming and events. The typical duties include researching, compiling, and analyzing information for reports or presentations; preparing documents including handbooks and manuals; preparing and monitoring budget expenditures; responding to correspondence; compiling and maintaining financial records, assessment materials, and student records and databases; preparing work orders; arranging meetings, conferences, events, and travel as needed; performing administrative services; facilitating communication and promotions regarding the programs and their offerings and answering questions about the programs and about college services and offices. May include occasional evening and weekend work. This position primarily reports to the Dean of Academic Excellence and Support and Honors Program Coordinator, and also receives direction and interacts with the respective faculty advisors/coordinators in the Phi Theta Kappa and International Education/Study Abroad programs. Interacts directly with students in the Honors Program, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, and International Education/Study Abroad.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide overall administrative support to the Honors Program Coordinator in the day-to-day operation and coordination of functions within the program on and off campus.
2. Prepare and type correspondence, documents, and internal and external reports; take minutes of meetings and programs; schedule appointments and handle confidential materials.
3. Receive and direct visitors, handle phone calls, take and relay messages, provide requested information, prioritize and distribute mail.
4. Process direct payment vouchers, invoices, purchase requisitions, work orders and service arrangements.
5. Track and monitor budget expenditures, assessment programs, and project expenditures for various budget categories.
6. Research, compile data and analyze information and national trends in the development of statistical reports in honors and academic programs, recruitment, and other major projects.
7. Create, maintain, and update all in-office files and databases. Maintain students' files and database records. Coordinate with Registration to ensure eligible students receive priority registration and enrolling students in Honors courses.
8. Provide overall administrative support to the advisors of Phi Theta Kappa including but not limited to compiling reports, managing budgets, ordering supplies, communicating with other colleges and universities as well as student members, collecting data, and making room reservations.
9. Oversee Phi Theta Kappa recruitment files and enrollment verification.
10. Provide support to Phi Theta Kappa by fielding general questions from students; contacting students about graduation and providing information about regalia; supporting Phi Theta Kappa officers by reserving rooms, ordering food and other activities related to chapter events including two inductions each year, orientations, and other events.
11. Facilitate reporting to Phi Theta Kappa international offices by maintaining the database, verifying PTK membership, and other reports as needed.
12. Provide overall administrative support to the coordinator of the International Education/Study Abroad Program as well as international trip leads including recruitment, promotion, creating reports, collecting data, booking travel, and other recordkeeping and logistics.
13. Assist in acting as liaison to the college and community; create materials to assist in the publicity of the programs and events. This duty may require occasional evening or weekend work assisting with recruiting events, induction ceremonies, social events, and other activities related to the supported programs.
14. Order supplies and maintain inventories.
15. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree or equivalent.
2. Two (2) years of professional work experience in an office setting.
3. Extensive personal computer and technology skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Desktop Publishing; knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
4. Ability to work effectively with people. Courteous, dependable, personable with excellent communication skills, student-focused, committed to embracing diversity.
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and produce high quality work with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to type accurately.
7. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
8. Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of respect and inclusion, sustainability, integrity, collaboration, humor and well-being, innovation and quality.
1. Familiarity with Ellucian Colleague software.
2. Familiarity with Joliet Junior College offices and the services they provide to students.
3. Familiarity with Joliet Junior College policies and procedures.
4. Professional experience creating Excel spreadsheets as well as Access databases.
5. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
6. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Normal office physical demands.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
• A cover letter with your interest in being considered for the position.
• Unofficial Transcripts (must be included)
Internal candidates must adhere to the terms of employment regarding length of time in current position as outlined in their union contract.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert