Applications Administrator II-ITACD
- University of Central Oklahoma
- Oklahoma, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 15, 2022
The salary is disclosed within the application as an application question.
Under supervision and general direction of the Manager of Application Services, this position supports all aspects of technical application management and functional system administration of assigned applications for centralized, enterprise-level technology service delivery. Work on a variety of projects and will play a key part in making sure that end results are designed according to the relevant patterns and analyses. Helps to ensure the area’s technological level remains up to date, defines and abides standards, implements new procedures and techniques, and provides 24x7 availability support. Participates in the strategic planning for the Office of Information Technology. Helps with solutions to problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the University of Central Oklahoma.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Performs all aspects of functional system administration and technical application management for assigned applications. Communicates and fosters professional relationships with clients (faculty, staff, students, external), committees and departments. Coordinates with other OIT departments for integration and connectivity. Works with system administrators, database administrators, application administrators, software developers, and web administrators in installation/upgrades and maintaining services, as appropriate. Participates in IT project committees and appropriate application user groups.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing assigned application systems. Aids in integration of services with other applications and tools.
- Performs implementation tasks related to assigned applications, including configuration, integration, custom programming, and end user rollouts. Reviews manual processes and automates tasks when feasible.
- Perform configuration, administration, and technical support of assigned applications. Run necessary system backups, provide troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues. Requires a strong functional understanding of software architecture.
- Analyzes daily monitoring of applications. Addresses issues as appropriate and provides status reports to management and/or stakeholders.
- Communicates and fosters professional relationships with clients and departments through interaction with customers and development teams to gather and define requirements. Designs, creates, tests, and maintains content solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Proactive approach to monitoring performance and capacity to ensure access, availability and usability of supported systems.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures. Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience.
- Maintain access, security, scalability and usability of assigned application(s).
- Researches and communicates new features of assigned application(s) and unused tool functionality to drive the platform expansion and adoption.
- Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment. Assists IT management in preparing business and use cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of application experience or 10 years of comparable work experience.
- Experience in technical and application support.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and/or Linux environments.
- A Bachelor's or Master of Science degrees in a technical field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Two years of progressive hands-on experience administering large enterprise applications.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL v3 Foundations, MCSA: MSOffice 365, or MCSA: Cloud Platform.
- Experience creating, modifying, and troubleshooting scripts within a large enterprise using languages such as PowerShell, PowerShell ISE, and shell.
- Experience with more than one relational database management system such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- Enterprise authentication system integration includes familiarity with protocols and services such as CAS, ADFS, Shibboleth, SAML, and Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of student information systems (SIS), such as Banner (Banner Student), as well as other common higher education products with an understanding of the role of system integration.
Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organization and collaboration skills. Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring the timely completion of priority objectives. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to author procedures, knowledgebase articles and proposals. An advanced working knowledge of and experience with the design, installation and technical support of messaging and cloud collaboration solutions in a large environment. Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics. This position is on-call 24x7x365 and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email and SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert