Posting Details (Default Section)
Assistant Professor of Higher Education -- 2023
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
School of Education-Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
Director, School of Education
Commensurate with Experience
The Assistant Professor of Higher Education will teach on-line
classes in the Ed.D. in Higher Education program. The Assistant
Professor will be responsible for assisting in the development of
on-line courses, teaching courses on-line, advising doctoral
students, collaborating with other faculty at FDU, and chairing and
serving as a member of dissertation committees. The
responsibilities include ensuring the delivery of a quality Ed.D.
program to doctoral candidates.
Assist in the growth of the Ed.D.
curriculum by developing and teaching on-line classes in the Ed.D.
in Higher Education program.
- Develop external relationships with professional organizations
and higher education institutions to help recruit and retain
- Advise and mentor graduate Ed.D. students.
- Help guide students in developing their dissertation by
providing counseling and becoming a member of dissertation
- Help to oversee program accountability by upholding doctoral
level standards in writing, research, and assessment of
- Ensure integrity in student scholarship through gateway
examinations such as the qualifying exam and dissertation
- Contribute to the national visibility and impact of the Ed.D in
Higher Education program by conducting research, publishing in
peer-reviewed journals, and presenting at state, national and
- Collaborate closely with the Director and faculty in the School
of Education and with other Schools and Colleges at FDU to ensure
quality of curriculum and program excellence of the Ed.D.
- Develop ongoing relationships with P-12 schools, other Higher
Education Institutes, community organizations, and businesses.
- Assist in yearly program monitoring of the Ed.D. program by
collection and analysis of data for outcome assessment.
. An earned doctorate in Higher Education, or a related field
2. Teaching and/or administrative experience in a Higher Education
3. Established research agenda
4. Experience in teaching on-line classes
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Candidates with experience in advising and mentoring doctoral
students and in qualitative research methodology
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2