Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 14, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Student Affairs, Academic Advising & Academic Support Services, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Salary for Announcement
The full salary range for this role at the time of posting is $45,300 – $68,000.
Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator
Full Time Professional Staff
The Department of Social Work is a rapidly growing academic program consisting of undergraduate and graduate education and including the Master of Social Work Program, Bachelor of Science in Social Work Program, and the Office of Field Education, and the Office of Social Work Student Services, Operations and Finance. The Office of Social Work Student Services, Operations and Finance, housed within the Department, is a team committed to improving access to a high-quality education for a diverse group of students. The Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator works under the direction of the Associate Director of Operations and Finance ( ADOF ). The Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing Department, anticipating the needs of the key responsibility areas and strategic goals of the OSWSS -OF team and Department of Social Work, and modifying activities and processes accordingly.
The Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator supports the Department through administrative support and program development including oversight of the Welcome Desk activities and staff. This position is responsible for, in partnership with other department members, creating a welcoming and informative environment for students, faculty, staff and community partners and providing professional support to the Chair, Directors and faculty and staff in the department. The Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator must be flexible, self-motivated, customer service-oriented, able to effectively handle multiple priorities and deadlines, and detail–oriented with strong follow-up skills to be an effective professional in this position. This position must embody integrity and professionalism to serve as a colleague in a developing and evolving team. The Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator is a member of the Office of Social Work Student Services, Operations and Finance team, but interfaces with all departmental areas.
Welcome Desk Oversight and Administrative Support 60%
The Welcome Desk is the main reception area serving all departmental areas. The Welcome Desk is an active and busy area that receives many phone calls, emails, and visitors every day. The Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator will be responsible for creating the culture and management of student employees at the Welcome Desk. Through careful oversight and training, they will ensure that their team is committed to this culture and to the execution of the work below:
· Providing exceptional customer service related to administrative support for smooth departmental functioning. These activities are defined as (but not limited to):
o ensuring appropriate staffing of the Welcome Desk,
o ensuring phone calls and voicemails are responded to quickly,
o assisting department leadership and committees with securing meetings spaces and scheduling meetings for 5+ participants,
o coordinating office adjustments or moves or other office space AHEC communications or requests
o serving as a liaison and effective communicator to ensure students, faculty, staff, and other internal and external community member who come to the Welcome Desk needs are addressed through direct service or referred to the appropriate internal or external resource
· Managing the scheduling of advising appointments for both staff and faculty. Providing or ensuring the provision of all general administrative support to the department.
· Ensuring office materials, supplies, and equipment are available and procured in a fiscally responsible and effective way and adhering to all applicable departmental and university polies and procedures.
· Maintains a thorough understanding of departmental and university polies and procedures, and a positive attitude towards being a key member in the development of the department.
· Supporting faculty to effectively teach by coordinating textbook and desk copy orders
· Providing appropriate support to classroom management such as creating accessible documents, coordinating printing/scanning/copying requests, communicating class cancelations or notices, and supporting the preparation of class materials, and
· Assisting with special projects needed by department event planner, leadership and committees.
Program Coordination 35%
The Department of Social Work has over 900 enrolled graduate and undergraduate students and the majority of advising and support occurs internally. Additionally, the Department receives over 500 applications to the graduate program per year from prospective students and 100% of the advising occurs internally. The Welcome Desk is the central place these students and prospective students arrive at many times throughout their academic journey and is the first point of accessibility for students – meaning the experience one has at the Welcome Desk is the first opportunity we must create an accessible pathway for the student to earn a degree.
The Administrative Operations and Program Coordinator must be well-versed in programmatic requirements and may be asked to support departmental needs in a variety of ways or, as appropriate direct WDAs to assist with student facing needs. Here are some examples of that work:
· Supports and coordinates with the Student Services Integration Coordinator with supporting WDAs with accurate and effective Level 1 student advising
· Providing student facing activities rooted in student learning (e.g., Teaching one or two classes per semester as appropriate according to experience and education, assisting the Field Office with field placement navigation process or OFSI recruitment or serving as an OFSI as appropriate according to experience and education).
· Providing initial and accurate advising recommendations to graduate and undergraduate students to include admissions information, program requirements, career mentoring, and referrals to university and departmental support services.
· Demonstrating sensitivity to the educational needs of a diverse urban population including first generation college students and historically under-served populations.
· Providing support to student groups and faculty liaisons of student groups including, but not limited to, the Student Association of Social Workers, Building Allies of Diversity, and Phi Alpha Honor Society. The Welcome Desk Coordinator will perform administrative functions necessary to facilitate the groups and support the coordination of efforts across all student groups.
· Coordinating and actively participating in several student events. In addition to event coordination, this may include ordering awards, creating certificates, and working as a team-player to ensure the event objectives are met.
· Overseeing the coordination and successful implementation of appointment scheduling with the appropriate professional and/or faculty advisor.
Other Duties as Assigned 5%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in an administrative support setting (If you plan to use the equivalence option to establish qualified status please note: one year of education is equal to two years of experience).
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Administrative support experience.
- Evidence of bookkeeping, purchasing and/or basic accounting skills and experience.
- Experience collaborating with others on projects.
- Experience with Banner or related database system experience.
- Graduate degree in Social Work or related field.
- Two years of administrative support experience in higher education.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience advising college students.
- Evidence of ability to be part of a team and at times work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to act ethically and in compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Previous experience and sensitivity to the educational needs of a diverse urban population including first generation college students and historically under-served populations.
- At least two years of administrative support experience.
- At least two years of experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Apply through this posting at msudenverjobs.com.
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more information on our employee affinity groups please visit this link .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert