Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 14, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Biology & Life Sciences
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College of Engineering - Computing Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54 foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240 acre island on Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern, attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support facilities.
From our generous benefits package and professional development opportunities, to our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence, the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to work.
The postdoctoral researcher will prepare research protocols, conduct human studies, and publish papers in the areas of human factors for emerging technology and protective equipment performance assessment, using a 3-dimensioanl whole-body and motion scanning system, an integrated virtual reality simulator, robots, and other devices.
Functional Area 1: Prepare research protocols, conduct human studies, and write papers for publication
Percent Effort: 70%
- Prepare research proposals and human study
- Coordinate human subject recruitment, conduct human studies,
and/or perform field data collection
- Publish and present research topics.
- Participate in grant proposal preparation.
Functional Area 2: Coordinate lab activities, maintain lab equipment and software, and assure lab safety
Percent Effort: 20%
- Coordinate lab activities, such as study scheduling,
protocol review, and partner communication.
- Maintain lab equipment and software, such as equipment
calibration and software update.
- Conduct regular lab safety check, such as lab equipment
set-up, workspace, and participant protection.
Functional Area 3: Mentor student workers, host lab tours, and conduct lab supply inventory
Percent Effort: 10%
- Mentor student workers and participate in lab
- Host lab tours for stakeholders, university events, prospect
students, and others.
- Conduct lab supply inventory and assure readiness of
- Doctoral degree in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering,
Biomedical Engineering, or a related field.
- Advanced ABD will be considered - degree must be conferred
by the time of appointment.
- Advanced ABD will be considered - degree must be conferred by the time of appointment.
- Record of scholarship in preparing research protocol,
conducting human study, and writing paper.
- Ability to coordinate research projects, mentoring student
interns, and debugging instrumentation.
- Ability to work independently as well as work with
- Experience in interdisciplinary research relevant to
personal protective equipment 3-dimensional fitting and performance
assessment, human-equipment interface evaluation, or risk
assessment and situational awareness evaluation associated with
automation and emerging technologies.
- Experience with instrumentation.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R-055877
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert