Associate Vice President Technology Administration
- Xavier University of Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Competetive salary
- Posted Date
- Nov 14, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
In support of the VP/CIO, provides leadership and guidance in critical areas of technology administration at the university, including budgeting, resource development and allocation, policy formation, technology evaluation, and service development, delivery, and deployment. Provides assistance to the VP/CIO in managing business operations to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and IT operational effectiveness. Provides leadership, direction, and support at the institution, state, and/or national level with broad-reaching institutional and/or statewide IT projects with high levels of impact. Analyzes technology trends and advancement in areas of specialization and plans for the long-term direction of the IT organization. Acts on behalf of the VP/CIO as assigned by the VP/CIO or in the absence of the VP/CIO as the principal IT officer on executive decisions and executive level committees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge and understanding of the current and developing strategic information requirements of a major research university. Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques. Supervises staff while mentoring and providing feedback to staff regarding expectations, performance, and professional development Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Strategic planning and advanced leadership skills. Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology. Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to clientele in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed systems. Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources and to develop and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Master's degree in in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science information technology, computer science or a closely related field and/or 15-18 years of Technology experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Prior supervisory experience Experience working with a broad range of higher education administrators including vice presidents, deans, directors, faculty, and students Project planning, development, testing, and execution experience Knowledge of higher education core business processes Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing, maintaining, and supporting Ellucian Banner ERP systems for Higher Education (college/university) clients; and gaining and keeping client trust
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related field Programming and systems development experience, including four years in higher education with demonstrated experience in successfully implementing, maintaining, and supporting Ellucian Banner ERP systems for college/university clients Experience with ZOOM, MS Office Teams, MS Office 365, SLACK, and SharePoint for office productivity and collaboration Knowledge of and ability to program using SQL databases; such as Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance at the executive level in critical areas of technology administration having institution, state-wide and/or national impact. Serves on behalf of the VP/CIO as the principal IT Officer, in the VP/CIO's absence or as requested. Oversees cross-institutional initiatives and executive level projects, fostering strategic partnerships in carrying out enterprise-wide computing services for the central IT organization. Assists the VP/ Chief Information Officer in leading overall information technology strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing information technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology projects. Assists the Chief Information Officer in ITC’s oversight, project and portfolio management, and service delivery management. May be responsible for staffing and key services within the division with broad-reaching institutional impact. Provides leadership for planning, developing, and implementing information technology initiatives. Leads the development and implementation of best practices and standards in process, design, architecture, and operations of all aspects of service-oriented information technology delivery. Directs programs to monitor, evaluate and improve customer service delivery. Ability to maintain confidentiality Strong team building and excellent interpersonal skills Excellent written and verbal skills Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
OTHER FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Available for 24/7 on-call support as needed Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required On call rotation may be required
Supervision is exercised over ITC department in the Vice President of Technology’s absence, Academic Computing and Media Classrooms, Technology Open labs, Switchboard operator, senior ERP BANNER analysts, and senior database administrator and senior system analysts.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert