Substitute Lead Teacher II - Children's Learning
Internal Position Title:
Substitute Lead Teacher II -
Children's Learning Center
: Children's Learning Centers
The College of Lake County is looking to for qualified Substitute
Lead Teacher II to be a part of the Children's Learning Center
team. The Substitute Lead Teacher II, under the supervision of the
Children's Learning Center Director or Coordinator, plans and
facilitates developmental activities as part of an overall program
for children's physical, intellectual, emotional and social
-A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Development OR a
related field with at least eighteen (18) hours of credit in early
-Early childhood work experience and education.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This is a part-time flex
position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration
of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of
Lake County.Part-time flex employees are not eligible to
participate in any benefits program at the College, including
tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid
$18.59 per hour
Part Time Flex
Total Hours Per Week:
varies depending on need
Monday through Friday as needed to fill in as a substitute in the
program classrooms.Hours:7am-6pm*Flexible schedule if needed and
may vary in accordance with the needs of the College.
Software Testing Required:
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
The Substitute Lead Teacher II duties shall include, but are not
limited to, the following:
1. Develops classroom arrangement for children’s safe, calm,
comfortable and successful participation with program equipment and
materials in consultation with the Center Coordinator.
2. Develops consistent schedule of daily and weekly program
activities in consultation with the Center Director.
3. Maintains journal containing examples of children’s program
participation and growth process in social, intellectual, emotional
and physical areas.
4. Assists in the supervision of Children’s Learning Center
Attendants and student workers as assigned.
5. Prepares reports, attends meetings and/or enacts plans to help
class and center staff improve teaching skills and increase
understanding of children’s development.
6. Assists in enrollment and orientation of parents and their
children as assigned.
7. Oversees housekeeping procedures within classroom and in common
center areas as assigned.
8. Monitors Health Department sanitation procedures.
9. Participates in, shares during, and/or prepares for classroom
and center staff meetings, parent meeting, parent conferences or
center promotional activities as necessary or assigned.
10. Assumes responsibility for operation of Children’s Learning
Center in the absence of the Director as assigned.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Children’s
Learning Center Director.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/21483