Employment Relations Coordinator
- Coppin State University
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 14, 2022
The goals of the Eagle Achievement Center are to promote student academic success, increase retention, and provide services to empower student development. The Employer Relations coordinator oversees the programs, events, and services to promote knowledge, skills, and abilities related to internship and career preparation. This position collaborates with academic departments and faculty to execute curricular and co-curricular career development opportunities. The coordinator is well-versed in resources and support services within the Eagle Achievement Center and throughout the campus to support students in need of additional supports.
- Manage Proactive marketing and outreach to potential employers of Coppin students
- Track and develop the relationship with potential employers
- Execute software and online resources to aid the career related area.
- Conduct two campus-wide career fairs per year and collaborate with colleges and other university fairs and events.
- Provide direct support services such as mock interviews, resume feedback, and career counseling.
- Perform targeted outreach to employers for internships and full and part-time employment
- Develop a university-wide internship program by establishing and maintaining on-going relationships with academic departments, university leadership, and regional employers.
- Monitor best-practices in the areas of responsibility to continuously adapt and refine offerings to students.
- Assist with career and professional development workshops and document reviews
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with faculty and other administrators for the purpose of collaborative efforts for student success.
- Facilitate student engagement by recommending resources, conducting referrals, and sueporting overall services of the Eagle Achievement Center.
- Lead data collection for post-graduation outcomes for Coppin Students. Recommend changes to university policies, procedures, processes, and mandates to encourage student success especially for assigned student population areas.
- Keep abreast of the legal guidelines regarding academic advising and registration including those regulating confidentiality and privacy such as FERPA, HIPAA, etc.
- Facilitate high quality engagement that promotes academic success and student satisfaction for all undergraduate students, especially high performing students.
- Participate in Eagle Achievement Center sponsored programs and events.
- Assist in execution of policies, procedures, reporting, and assessment of assigned retention initiative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in school counseling, psychology, education, social work, higher education administration or a closely related field.
- Masters’ degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in career services.
- Experience in providing services and support for traditional and non-traditional students, and experience working with exploratory/undecided students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Student centered, self-starter with working knowledge of career development and educational methods.
- Strong critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently while developing strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, student services, and academic services units.
- Ability to exercise excellent professional judgment and discretion, making decisions on a regular basis that impact student welfare and success.
- Ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties.
- Knowledge of student development and resources to promote student success.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Occasional evening and weekend work for events required.
- Occasional travel required for retention initiatives and professional development.
- Ability to lift and carry small parcels, packages, and other items as needed for outreach to students and retention programs and events.
Conditions of Employment
Position Detail Information
Position Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID -19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged for all University employees. Medical and religious exemption request are accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please submit any/all documents related to this matter to AskHR@coppin.edu .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert