Galveston College is a comprehensive institution, which places
primary emphasis on excellence in classroom instruction.
Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and maintain
competence in each of the following areas throughout their
employment at the College. The Clinical Coordinator’s
responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching students,
being responsible for coordinating clinical education with didactic
education as assigned by the program director; evaluate and ensure
the effectiveness of clinical experiences for the concentration(s)
students are enrolled in; provide clinical instruction and document
the evaluation and progression of clinical performance leading to
clinical competence; and develop new and maintain current clinical
affiliations at facilities for clinical and externship.
• Appropriate credential(s): ARDMS (AB & OB/GYN);
• The equivalent of two years full-time professional experience
as a general Sonographer;
• Full-time is defined as 35 hours per week;
• Must be able to travel to all clinical locations;
• Proficient in using the computer;
• Associate’s degree or higher;
• Proficiency in teaching methodology, supervision, instruction,
evaluation, and guidance.
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Sonography clinical coordinator experience.