SRI Executive Search has been contracted by Zamorano University to assist with the search for an exceptional candidate to fill the position of President. Zamorano is a private, international, agricultural university, located in Honduras near the capital, Tegucigalpa. Founded in 1942, Zamorano has played an important role throughout its history in agricultural and rural development in the tropics and beyond. The University is looking for its new President to lead and guide it into the era of sustainable food systems. You can find further details on Zamorano on the website https://www.zamorano.edu/en/.
The President will initiate and lead processes to develop and consolidate Zamorano's new approaches to education and development, which will ensure that Zamorano is well-funded and appealing to highly talented students and faculty. The successful candidate must have broad comprehension of today’s global challenges to be able to initiate inspiring strategies that will ensure that Zamorano through its educational, research and development programs will have positive impacts on rural communities, food production systems and value chains through its graduates and project beneficiaries.
- Terminal degree (PhD or equivalent) is highly desirable, but not essential.
- Prior experience leading strategic transformation within large complex organizations, preferably within higher education institutions.
- Deep professional experience in agriculture, food systems, and sustainability. Broad comprehension of today’s global challenges including environmental issues, climate change, a new digitalized world, and the implications of the biotech & info-tech revolutions.
- Prior history of success leading large diverse and multicultural institutions, preferably in higher education.
- High emotional intelligence and intellectual curiosity; demonstrated leadership experience inspiring others toward a shared vision and common objectives.
- Track record of individual and institutional fundraising experience, preferably within an academic context.
- Strong understanding of DEIJ principles and demonstrated success in DEIJ initiatives.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Align with the University’s Core Values including Core integrity, fairness, inclusiveness, transparency, and motivation.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV in English version and Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to Zamorano@sri-executive.com on or before 12 January 2023. All information will be in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.