Duration of Position:
Academic year / Part time
11 hours/weekend, 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,
$30.00 per hour plus weekend shift
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a
pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar
College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and
applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans,
and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially
encouraged.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free
campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy
requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for all
employees except for those exempt for medical or religious
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Nurse provides nursing care of adolescent/young adults in a
college setting as well as occupational care of employees as
needed. This position involves working with a team of health
professionals and EMT students to deliver care to the Vassar
College community. This position is not eligible for
- Nursing assessment and treatment of routine and urgent health
care problems including patient appointments, walk-ins, phlebotomy
- Administer care according to established nursing protocols and
standards of care.
- Maintain necessary equipment, inventory and supplies.
- Follow all regulations regarding OSHA and hazardous waste.
- Treat scheduled patients and walk-ins.
- Collect and process laboratory specimens from patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Two or four year nursing degree and valid RN license are
- A minimum of two years of nursing experience is required.
- CPR certification required.
- Experience with allergy desensitization injections, phlebotomy,
iv therapy, EKGs, and strong physical assessment skills is
- Ability to work independently is a plus.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2937