The Technology Services Support Specialist reports to the Director
of Technology Services - CMSRU. This position supports
staff and student computing and printing in offices, conference
rooms, specialty labs and technology enhanced
● Provide high-quality and professional support services for
● Setup and deploy workstations and peripherals in administrative
offices, classrooms and research labs.
● Maintain accurate hardware asset records throughout the entire
lifecycle from receiving until retirement.
● Install system, network and application software.
● Support end users using multiple operating systems including
Windows and Mac, Linux is a plus.
● Provide basic instruction in the use of hardware and software
● Perform problem diagnosis and support for hardware and
● Respond to support requests received through University tracking
● Build relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 3 support teams to
ensure efficient problem resolution.
● Participate in internal department projects and University-wide
● Stay current with all University systems and applications.
● Complete all tasks thoroughly and timely with attention to
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of professional/relevant
experience (or 4+ years relevant experience may substitute for
● Demonstrated proficiency in diverse OS computing
● Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills.
● Demonstrated experience with computer imaging and tools such as
● Knowledge of VDI tools and environments
● Experience working collaboratively on projects.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work independently and to solve problems with minimal
● Ability to stay current with rapidly changing technology
Note: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work
visa for this position.