Client Services Manager
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity,
vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by
delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and
This position is a hybrid position which allows the incumbent to
complete their work at both an NAU site, campus, or facility
at a non-centralized site with or without
Northern Arizona University's marketing department is seeking a
qualified Client Services Manager to join our dynamic client
services team. This role is responsible for advising and supporting
several NAU colleges or/and divisions, as well as coordinating
general marketing services that support NAU's strategic goals and
Additional key responsibilities include: Participates in strategic
planning and resource allocation; helps drive major initiatives by
understanding effective brand positioning, product promotion, and
portfolio/project management. Plans and coordinates marketing
initiatives that develop and increase university, college and/or
program affinity. Coordinates with creative, digital, and
operations teams to arrange resources, establish budgets, and
confirm timelines. Coordinates project scope, timeline, budget, and
client communications. Ensures university quality and brand
standards are met; ensures project objectives are attained.
Incumbents must be able to leverage strategic, entrepreneurial, and
analytical approaches to marketing projects; serve as the point of
contact and primary liaison for assigned client portfolios;
leverage internal and external resources/personnel to build and
execute successful marketing campaigns; and communicate effectively
and diplomatically with peers, clients, executives, and across
departments. In addition, incumbents must excel in a fast-paced
environment, adapt quickly to changing priorities, operate with
high attention to detail, maintain marketing and communications
skills, work within established department and university
processes, and leverage relevant industry trends and
Relationship Management - 30%
- Serve as lead account manager to assigned portfolio of colleges
and divisions, interfacing regularly with client and partner key
contacts (deans, associate deans, vice presidents, directors, and
coordinators) to ensure effective planning, implementation, and
evaluation of marketing programs.
- Serve as a member of clients' management teams by participating
in strategic planning and resource allocation discussions.
- Provide professional marketing consultation to clients and
define effective marketing strategies on their behalf (e.g.,
clarify business and marketing goals, establish measurable
outcomes, develop audience personas, guide necessary market
research, and evaluate results).
- Develop an annual strategic marketing plan for each client;
generate buy-in among key stakeholders; develop marketing funding
requests and manage marketing funds; brief clients on monthly
- Scope and initiate projects on behalf of clients and manage
client communications throughout the project lifecycle; provide
strategic direction to creative and digital teams to ensure
deliverables meet client needs; and advocate for client goals
throughout the project.
- Serve as a department representative and liaison with campus
groups promoting university-wide brand and growth initiatives.
- Maintain and leverage up-to-date knowledge of relevant trends
higher education, marketing, recruitment, and communications, to
provide sound guidance to clients on marketing investments.
Product Marketing Management - 30%
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, communications,
academic, admissions, and alumni teams, as well as third
party/agency resources, to raise awareness, affinity, and
consideration of NAU, colleges, and/or programs.
- Identify top competitors, develop competitive positioning, and
ensure competitive positioning is integrated into marketing
collateral and recruitment tools.
- Develop tailored value propositions, messaging, and positioning
strategies for each program/segment, aligned with the prospective
- Identify effective marketing channels for specific campaigns
- Plan and implement lead generation campaigns to support
- Own and manage all program materials, from flyers to videos,
emails, and website copy.
- Drive collection and dissemination of testimonials and visual
assets to support marketing campaigns.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices related to audience
assessment, competitor/market analysis, brand awareness, growth
marketing, and customer journeys.
Portfolio/Project Management - 25%
- Manage a diverse portfolio of marketing projects, including
website optimization, traditional and digital advertising, lead
generation campaigns, email campaigns, events, photo and video
shoots, signage, and printed collateral.
- Collaboratively leverage department resources (design,
editorial, digital, photography, videography, operations),
university resources (University Communications, University Events,
Athletics, IT Services, Enrollment Management, Student Affairs,
etc.), and external resources (printers, marketing firms,
recruitment firms, digital firms) for timely, cost-effective, and
successful project resourcing.
- Manage the health of assigned project portfolios by:
maintaining positive relationships internally and externally;
proactively managing project schedules, approvals, and deliverable
routing; tracking and documenting issues and project progress in
the department's web-based project management systems; maintaining
awareness of creative team capacity; and organizing and/or actively
participating in weekly and ad-hoc meetings with project teams
(project intake/review meetings, portfolio reviews, project kick
off's, and project post-mortems).
- Collaborate with marketing team members to ensure brand
compliance and to capture and analyze project outcomes.
- Communicate regularly with leadership on the status of assigned
accounts/portfolio (project statuses, outcomes, proposed/planned
initiatives, etc.); produce monthly and quarterly progress reports
and outcomes assessments.
- Comply with established departmental processes and university
Other - 15%
- Supervise support staff, students and/or vendors, as
- Provide consulting and support for major institutional
- Recommend and contribute to the development of policies and
procedures related to marketing services.
- Represent University Marketing on various committees, work
groups and employee forums.
- Participate in onboarding and training of new client service
managers and support staff.
- Perform various other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant program management experience.
- 2-4 years of related experience (relevant combination of
relationship/account management, marketing, and project
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Related experience working in an
advertising/marketing/communications agency environment (or
- Digital marketing experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience working within a university or similarly
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of client business and relationship
- Advanced knowledge of marketing project management processes,
and concepts, including relevant media applications and university
- Knowledge of marketing concepts and applications.
- Knowledge of marketing project management best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Project and time management skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and meeting facilitation
- Workflow process mapping and optimization skills.
- Collaboration, negotiation, and conflict management
- Project management tools and techniques.
- Skill in preparing reports and summaries.
- Ability to communicate with and advise senior level internal
- Demonstrates problem solving, organizational, and analytical
- Balances competing priorities.
- Analyzes complex situations and anticipates issues.
- Maintains effective working relationships.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the
following: a criminal background investigation, an employment
history verification and a degree verification (in some cases)
prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a
fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the
state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticipated salary range is $72,445 - $90,556. Annual salary
commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an
excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and
vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement
System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and
10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and
qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is
available on the Human
Resources benefits website
. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free
campus. Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis,
renewable each 6 months according to
terms of the Conditions of Professional Service
offered a position will be eligible for state health plans
(including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible
on the first day of the pay period following their
enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31
days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee
chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona
State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that
accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following
6 months after the new employee's start date. New employees who
choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which
is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed
staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment.
Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the
ORP will begin on the first day of employment.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
January 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu
, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606758&PostingSeq=1