Assistant Professor - Mass Communication and Journalism
- Norfolk State University
- Norfolk, Virginia
- Commensurate with credentials and experience.
- Posted Date
- Nov 11, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Journalism
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Norfolk State University (NSU), a historically black university with an enrollment of over 5,000 students, invites candidates for the position of Assistant Professor of Journalism, for its ACEJMC accredited Department of Mass Communication and Journalism.
The department offers a Bachelor of Science degree with a track in general broadcasting and a track in journalism and a Master of Arts in Media and Communication. The department has active NBS-AERho and NABJ chapters, and supports the campus newspaper, The Spartan Echo, WNSB-FM, and CCTV WNSU-TV. The university is located in a top-fifty media market.
This nine-month, full-time, tenure-track position, expected to begin August 2023, shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in introduction to media, news writing, cross-platform journalism, and other journalism-related courses.
2. Engage in exemplary teaching and effective student advising.
3. Contribute to scholarly endeavors and stay abreast of scholarship and new trends in the field.
4. Take on opportunities to conduct research and grantsmanship.
5. Regularly attend and participate in departmental, college and University required meetings and events.
6. Collegially engage with faculty and staff and adhere to deadlines.
For more information on the exceptional academic programs offered by the Department of Mass Communications and Journalism, candidates are encouraged to visit www.nsu.edu/mcjr for further details.
NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
For more details and to apply go to: Commonwealth Of Virginia Job Site | F0194 Assistant Professor - Mass Communication and Journalism (peopleadmin.com).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert