Executive Administrative Assistant
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 10, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
VCU School of Nursing is seeking applicants to apply for the Executive Administrative Assistant position to provide professional administrative support to the Associate Dean and Office of Academic Affairs for the School of Nursing, including support of standing meetings in the School of Nursing. This position also focuses on developing and implementing systems and environments that contribute to effective administration of travel.
· Demonstrates a commitment to risk assessment (considering cost, benefit, and impact)
· Utilizes identified internal control mechanism
· Practices routine verification of the accuracy of data
· Manages the activities of the Office, including the Associate Dean’s calendar and coordinates with other administrators for meeting planning.
· Schedules appointments and conferences for the Associate Dean’s office.
· Maintains databases for attendance at meetings, produces materials for the meetings as appropriate, e.g. agendas. handouts.
· Promotes positive image of School by being knowledgeable about academic programs responsibilities and School programs and activities.
· Anticipates and/or responds to situations not addressed by existing policies or regulations as they arise.
· Provides administrative support to the Academic Council.
· Assembly and other workgroups coordinated by the ADAA. Follows up with committee
members to ensure actions noted in minutes are completed by the designated
· Maintain current and updated committee information and documents in Canvas. Assure transfer of actions taken by policy and administrative committees into needed documents.
· Creates purchase orders in RealSource, for Academic Affairs (OAS, OSS, OLTS, and CLC).
· Receives order in Banner upon receipt, and ensures prompt and accurate payment to all vendors by the submission of timely invoices to Procurement.
· Manages Office of Academic Affairs (OAS, OSS, OLTS, and CLC) travel authorizations and reimbursements, following all regulations, policies and procedures, and timelines.
· Works with individual faculty, staff, students and appropriate School administrators.
· Works with Associate Dean to establish and implement an annual plan, through use of travel budget.
· Coordinate with ADAA and staff annually to remove and destroy hard copy and electronic documents meeting retention guidelines per the policies of the Library of Virginia and Virginia Commonwealth University, guidelines provided by external granting agencies or guidelines provided by accrediting bodies
· Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Hiring Standards
· A high school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to attend to details and meet deadlines.
· Ability to independently organize and attend meetings.
· Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends for special events in the school.
· Basic accounting experience;
· Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
· Excellent ability to make time sensitive judgments.
· Experience with word processing, spread sheets and data bases.
· High level organizational skills, attention to detail, computational and accounting skills, proficient in accessing resources via the world wide web.
· Knowledge of Federal, state and university policies and procedures related to administration, fiscal management and human resource activities;
· Knowledge of organizational strategies and motivational approaches.
· Knowledge of organizational systems, administration and fiscal policies.
· Proficiency with computer software programs including windows operating system, Microsoft office, email and calendar programs, and University software systems: fiscal and human resource systems;
· Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, calendaring skills, data and information management skills.
· Successful work history demonstrating effective project management and/or management of multiple complex tasks;
· Superior customer service skills, engage in effective problem solving, ability to communicate effectively, function independently and demonstrate initiative, work as an effective team member; identify and meet continuous quality improvement needs; uses technology to maximum efficiency.
· Verbal and mathematical competency at or above the high school level.
Preferred Hiring Standards
· Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Experience with a university setting, experience working with for senior level administration.
· Experience in managing complex schedules and financial management.
Job Specific Physical and Cognitive Requirements
Physical Demands and Activities:
- Light Lifting (<20 Lbs.) - Essential
- Walking - Essential
- Standing - Essential
- Sitting - Essential
- Repetitive Motion - Essential
- Reaching - Essential
- Bending - Essential
- Fast Pace - Essential
- Multiple Stimuli - Essential
- Memory - Essential
- Reading - Essential
- Verbal Communication - Essential
- Written Communication - Essential
- Analyzing - Essential
- Hearing - Essential
- Logic - Essential
Department: School of Nursing Office of Academic Support
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
University Title: Exec Administrative Assistant GA (19111)
ORP Eligibility: No
Contact Name: Bruna Soria Galvarro
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 804-827-7474
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert