The Junior Network/Systems Administrator reports to the Manager of
Network Services and is a member of the Network Services Team. They
will assist team members with support, maintenance and optimization
of core network services, servers, and communications
- Assists in administering and maintaining corporate LAN
infrastructure, including network cabling, testing network
connectivity, firewall configurations, wireless access points,
- Assists in administering and maintaining corporate WAN
infrastructure, backhaul technologies, WAN and Internet routing
- Troubleshoots and maintains traditional POTS systems, including
analog voice and fax.
- Manages and maintains Voice over IP systems, including Skype
for Business/Microsoft Teams
- Server Administration
- Manage and maintain servers, including but not limited to Linux
and Windows Servers.
- Assists with administering virtualization platforms, including
- Manage and maintain enterprise data storage solutions utilizing
iSCSI, NFS, and similar technologies.
- Administers common network services, such as DNS, DHCP, NTP,
- Manage maintain scripts using common scripting languages,
including bash, batch and powershell.
- Formal Education: High School Diploma
- Additional Knowledge/Skills:
- Working knowledge of computer systems, peripherals, and
- Working knowledge of computer networking and cabling
- Working knowledge of communication systems for data, voice and
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to
resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under own
- Ability to communicate effectively with KO employees as well as
vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to write documentation and training materials.
- Self-motivated to learn and acquire new skills.
- Possesses excellent problem solving skills.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal
employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any
employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical
or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin,
marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status,
political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.