Administrative Assistant, Liberty Partnerships Program
Administrative Assistant I
Liberty Partnerships Program
Posting Detail Information
The University at Buffalo (UB) Liberty
( LPP ) seeks to hire an
Administrative Assistant I.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- The overall administration of the program including preparing
electronic requisitions, travel vouchers.
- Greeting visitors, accepting deliveries.
- Responding to routine inquires.
- Responsible for setting meetings, composing memos/documents for
- Preparing and organizing information in digital form.
- Creation/updating programmatic application, forms and
- Compiling college tour estimates, and invoicing vendors to
- Assisting with preparation of annual performance/final report,
mailings, and data entry.
- Assisting with the initial intake of new student recruits, file
maintenance, light data entry.
- Scheduling classroom space.
- Serve as the initial point of contact in the LPP office. The
Administrative Assistant is expected to be courteous, unbiased and
possess excellent telephone/e-mail/in-person communication skills
while working with the staff, students, parents/guardians, faculty,
tutors, and other Office for University Preparatory staff.
- Responsible for planning events and activities in collaboration
with Pre-College Outreach Specialists.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences
will enrich and strengthen our organization. The Liberty
Partnerships Program ( LPP ) serves a diverse constituency of
patrons, and our employees, services and policies strive to honor
and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a
welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
Outstanding Benefits Package.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to
learn about our
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s
leading public research universities and a flagship of the State
University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and
our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university
dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity
and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home,
UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful
thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others
every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to
an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability
- Minimum three years progressive administrative experience in
related field/office setting.
- Competent with various computer software applications
including: Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Google Suite, and electronic communication tools: Internet
and email required.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills utilizing tact,
diplomacy and respect for diverse constituents.
- Associate Degree.
- Three or more years’ experience working with under-represented
populations within a community service or after school
$20,000 at part-time rate
Week days as arranged; based on 18.75 hours per week
Special Instructions Summary
Is a background check required for this posting?
Background Check Notification
Budget & Personnel Coordinator
Deadline for applicants
Date to be filled
Number of references required
Reference Cutoff Date
Instructions to Applicant
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.