Texas A&M International University
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Career Advisor, under general supervision, provides
professional career guidance and services to students and alumni.
Fosters relationships in the community for the development of
employment and internship opportunities and assists with employer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining, identifying, and developing contacts
with internal and external organizations for the purpose of
expanding and enhancing the Co-op and Internship
- Provides employers with resumes and other documents for
qualified students seeking full-time, internship, co-op, part-time,
and research positions.
- Provides career coaching and advisement to students and alumni
regarding career development, career planning, and other facets of
- Coordinates the supervision, management, implementation, and
evaluation of University outreach programs.
- Coordinates programs and activities that assist students and
alumni with job placement and admission into graduate and
professional schools. Assists with sponsored events and activities,
such as career fairs, award programs, etc.
- Administers and interprets career interest inventories and
career assessments that assist students and alumni in the career
decision making process.
- Coordinates and conducts program assessments and surveys, and
reports results for recommendation of enhancement and improvement
of programs. Records/maintains statistics and pertinent data and
compiles in the form of reports.
- Conducts workshops, seminars, and other presentations to
students, faculty, employers, and alumni groups on career and
professional development topics.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education - Bachelor's degree.
- Experience - Three years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Knowledge and Abilities
- Master's degree.
- Experience working in a traditional higher education
- Word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Career coaching and advisement.
- Career assessment software and career and student development
- Job market trends.
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and presentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position generally does not supervise employees.
First review of applications will be September 30,
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance
on campus and in the workplace.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact
- Legible copies of unofficial transcripts, if a degree is
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Career-Advisor_R-054489